Chow Praises Young as He Continues to Improve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

At least he has ability in which Volek has none. Lots of QB's are thrown in the fire. He will be too. I would wager that he'll be our starter at mid season for what ever the reason. Whether it's due to injury of what ever. John Mclain seems to think he'll earn his spot as starter quicker than most people think. He said "first part of the season." If the Titans start winning games with Billy than he'll stay the starter no matter what but if we're losing games you better get ready to see Vince.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Is this really the Drew Brees situation of tennessee that some people say it could be? Or is Billy just doing this in vain because the team really wants to play vince? And i would have to say that Vince knows more than 25% of the playbook...

3. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

The four levels of ........

1. Unconscious incompetent (Rookie back up)
    2. Conscious incompetent ( pushing to start and starts for some teams)
    3. Conscious competent (starter, but has to think about what he is doing)
    4. Unconscious competent ( pro bowl type player, they just do it)

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Ok, I kept waiting for someone to say it, but I guess I'll have to do it.

In 2004, there was no way Ben Roethlisberger could lead the Steelers if Maddox went down. Final Record: 15-1

I know it's not the same situation, but if nothing else, Young will have as good a grasp of the playbook as Ben did in 2004. If Volek gets hurt, Young will struggle early, but I think we'll be seeing good things by the end of the season.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How much of the playbook did Ben need to hand the ball to Bus? The Steelers had one of the game's top running games and defenses. They had the talent to take the pressure off of Ben and didn't ask a lot of him.

If the Titans were the '04 Pittsburgh Steelers, I feel differently about it. But they are not close right now in any phase of the game.

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Sorry cdy___hitt I dont have a link for the article about VY. Go to chron.com click sports and put Vince Young in search . The title of the article is Young comfortable despite abscence of McNair. Jack Kemps comments are very interesting.

7. I'm thinking if Ben Roethlisberger can step in right after college, why can't we throw Vince Young right into the fire. Might as well.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

To me it wouldn't make any sense to keep Young at #3 if he's better than Mauck, which we all hope he is. Didn't think it would take them long to make that move. It doesn't mean they couldn't still bring in a vet if the preseason reveals Young's aptitude is still lacking. Maybe a confidence booster, but to me it's not a stretch of the imagination that he actually deserved it.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes, they said in the article they had covered 75% of the O already. How well he retains it has yet to be seen, but I'm sure he's familiar with it.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He would have learned the same offense whether running the 2nd team or 1st team. I think he's run the 1st team maybe 25% of the time, however, he'd be running through the same plays on 2nd or 3rd team. Only his retention of the offense should come into question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar