Chow doesn't want Young?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5363342

"The other word is that Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow also has serious reservations about Young's ability to run his system. There also are rumblings about a low Wonderlic test grade."

If Norm Chow is saying anything like this, he is undermining the program.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Undermining the program? He's allowed to speak his mind; it's HIS offense, and if he doesn't feel that Young is the answer, he should voice that.

3. TitanJeff

Explain to me why he should be allowed to hurt the trade value of the third pick if Reese wants to deal it?

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think it's perfectly acceptable and necessary for Chow to give his opinion on all of our draft targets to Reese or Fisher, but absolutely not to the media.

Fox Sports doesn't cite a source, though, and they use the old "the word is..." tactic which lets them off the hook for reporting rumors. Whose word? Chow said this to a scout in the john at the combine? He said it to his 2nd cousin on a tapped cell phone conversation? Fox Sports just made it up?

It's a blustery time of year isn't it :)

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Bah, I never saw a single quote. There's no guarantee Chow has said any of that, publicly or privately.

6. TitanJeff

It better be the latter. But you can bet now the media will go to him and ask him to confirm or deny it.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nor should he have to run it, it was proven to be an inferior offense to Vince Youngs, so Chow needs to reinvent to meet the needs of our new talent.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't think it really hurts anything at this point. If other GMs feel we're going to take Young, they'll trade accordingly. Just because Chow is quoted as saying something, doens't mean it all goes to hell.

9. TitanJeff

First of all, I don't think it's true. I think Chow is much more professional than that. I think we'll hear Chow deny it tomorrow.

But Reese would not want anyone within the organization, especially his OC, saying anything negative about a top draft pick.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Even if he did say that, I think Reese has proven that he turns a deaf ear on Chow (Mike Williams) lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar