Game Day Thread Chiefs @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's real easy to spend other people's money. Anybody pissed about opposing fans buying tix, get off your wallet and buy them all up.

I've had season tix since I arrived in 01. And I've put A LOT of $ into the Titans. Their ticket office is a joke when it comes to supporting the PSL holders that have been with them through some very lean times.

Seriously, the Preds swap programs, seat updgrades, "Loyal Legion" programs, etc- essentially everything I was writing to the Titans to implement for the past 15+ years is working effectively for the Preds. Titans just too cheap to implement. PSL only option to not waste their ticket money when they can't go- is to post on TicketMaster. No control over who buys them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Holy crap lol no wonder they don’t think they can get an 80% commitment. They can’t even sell 80% of their season tickets!

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Travel to multiple games a year.

But again I’m not telling people how to spend their money. Just think buying season tickets to try and turn a profit is kinda weird. Like I said multiple times though, it’s their money they can do what they want.

I get that not having an easier avenue to swap your tickets or sell them back for the games you can’t go to is a real problem. I with you there. Titans should definitely implement some alternatives outside of Ticketmaster.

This is not a personal attack on you or any other PSL member. You are clearly doing your part. There is clearly a lack of value provided on the Titans part and that’s why people don’t feel it’s “worth the money”. It’s not like the Titans have the most expensive ticket prices in the NFL. They just haven’t created enough value of being a season ticket holder for many. That’s the only way you overcome the “cost” objection - gotta provide value.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Getting some recognition....

Screenshot_20211026-094136~2.png

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly. And there are many reasons that happened. TVs got bigger. Many original PSL owners moved or died. But the main reasons were many seasons of average to bad Titans teams along with the franchise doing nothing to improve the gameday experience.

It's a breath of fresh air what Momma Amy is doing now to improve things. It'll take time but, if the last two weeks are any indication, things are already headed in the right direction.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think it’s weird if your a fan of the local team.
    I live close enough to LA that I could buy season tickets to chargers or Rams but I wouldn’t bother watching them for 8 games and it could be a decent investment to sell each tickets.
    If I live near Nashville and get season tickets, I’m going to the games unless a different commitment comes up.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'd go to more games if the experience was worth a damn. I just have a low tolerance for dumb and annoying people, and that stadium is usually full of dumb and annoying people who think it's just fine to make an ass of themselves. Food is horrible as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I don't get the atmosphere for titans games is always a bit dull and boring.

And it's not a Nashville thing either is just a Titans issue.Both preds and Nashville SC games have way better in game experiences.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think you and I agree.

I take objection to non PSL holders criticizing PSL holders who sell their tix to whomever will buy them. And you simply don’t make a profit unless it’s a playoff game. And that profit doesn’t offset the overall loss from unsold unattended games. People used to say “give them away to Titsns fans”. But that takes more time than you think trying to find people who say yes immediately and can actually go on game day. It’s a pain in the ax.

the ticket office ruin the atmosphere by not investing in the available tickets the way the Preds do.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

reason I let my PSL go this off season is cause Titan FO literally inserted themselves inbetween you, your ticket & you giving your 'ticket' to a buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar