Post-Game Thread Chiefs 35 - Titans 24

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astro

Astro Special Teams Standout

I want to resign Henry above else, but I will let biggest bang for buck here considering salary cap.

2. FANATIC

FANATIC Camp Fodder

You guys had an awesome run. See you again next year in the play offs.

3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

He's the offense, have no choice I think

4. PressThe5N9

PressThe5N9 Starter

That score lost me a Moneyline bet for Titans up at the half! When I saw him go down the sideline I was trying to figure out where the DB was at since it appeared to be zone coverage.

It was a very encouraging season and not the end we all wanted, but surely it will leave this young group hungry for more. I for one am proud of what they accomplished this year and haven’t felt so excited about a season in a long time! Here’s to a good offseason of re-signings and building the team from good to great!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I’m very proud of what the team accomplished this season. They really came together and really had a special air about them. The team really seemed like a family and that’s something very special and a foundation to build on.

Tag Tanny and extend Henry.

If a QB is there for us at 29 we take him and don’t look back. I’m not ready to throw out Tanny but he’s coming up on 34. Just don’t think he’ll be a long term answer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Signing Henry is the top priority IMO...he has about 3 more seasons in the tank I think. Tannehill would be a good signing, but I would not break the bank for him....had his chance today to show that he could extend beyond Henry's cover and did not do that. MM8 is gone...good for both him and us IMO.

From a draft standpoint, I still think that we need to improve on the D Line, and also in the LB spot....just my two cents worth here.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pees obviously wanted to limit Kelce and the Titans D did a great job there. Hill was priority #2 and, though he burned them for 2 TDs, he only had 67 yards receiving. So, IMO, they did a great job limiting KC's two top offensive weapons.

What was disappointing was how the Titans DL could do nothing. If Pees blitzes more, I think we see bigger numbers from Kelce and Hill. Bringing four was not any more effective than three. The Chiefs OL dominated but you have to get more from your base DL.

I was disappointed in Landry and Evans. Landry has to develop more than a speed rush. He spent most of today pushed out of plays. Evans may have been limited by the foot.

I really think the Titans are just a couple of defensive players away.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he should have blitzed more. You need to gamble a little in a game like this and even though Hill and Kelce probably would have gotten more, I think a Takeaway or 2 would have come our way. Mahomes didn’t throw good on the very few rushed passes he made.

9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Have to upgrade Jones or Casey. Heck, Casey may be a cap casualty.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I do too. But good defenses get pressure with their base DL. It's been an issue for quite a few seasons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar