Chicago Sports Radio on Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by yanek27, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

I was born in Houston, TX and with the following of the Oilers I find myself a huge Titans fan. My family moved back to Illinois when I was young therefore, I live outside of Chicago. I have to put up with Chicago Sports radio on 670 the score. I just thought I would describe the scene here in Illinois about the Titans.

Believe Titans have not played anyone (go figure doesnt everyone say this)

Titans are too beat up on the d-line to stop bears

Only passing teams play well against the bears

Titans are the WORST 8-0 team in history

CJ is quick but will not matter against 6th ranked rush defense

Collins will struggle early and often

Bears match up too well against Titans style of game

Giants would destroy Titans on any given day

All believe Bears will win

The score 670 streams live online and is free. I will actually be at the game cheering on my Titans, but I just wanted to give you guys a little extra fuel for this Sunday because this is one of those good defensive teams that does match up ok against us. Grossman either is horrible or pretty decent. And lets face it throughout Oiler/Titan and Bear history we usually find ways to lose lately.

Lost in 04 with a safety in overtime. Bears ran back two kicks (1 counted) and ran back a 50 yard int even though they had no offense (was there and it was heartbreaking)

Lost in 98 because we had two kickers on the field at the end of the game. Wow have never seen that before

Lost in 95 by 3 nothing really stands out besides a high scoring affair.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They could be wright about all that. It's up to our guys to show them- even after we beat them, we STILL haven't played anyone.

That's what I dont get. Every week we're playing some mediocre team that thinks we'll lose because all we've beaten are mediocre teams... uhhhhhhh...

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Seems like the same stuff teams have been saying all year. I really wonder what they say Monday after they take the L. Excuse, Blame, ect. There is only one way to get respect in this league.........take it.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Between OSU playing Northwestern and this game lets just say Obama is the only thing from Chicago that's going to win this week.

And being the worst 8-0 team ever lol wow. That's like being the ugliest girl at the super model show, I'll take it lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.northtonorth.com/pages/index.shtml

Mike north used to be the top guy at the score sports radio and now has his own daily webcast that is excellent. The sports radio in chicago is awesome with lots of intelligent fans and plenty of energy. Much better i have to say than what nashville has but chicago is much larger with many more teams.

North started off when the score first started as 820 on the raidio dial not a 50 watt station but they needed it they were so popular. I used to listen a couple of hours a day in the early 90s. Finally they took WBBM's(i think) old slot at 670. North was on with former bear o-lineman and harvard educated dan jiggets and the "monsters of the midday" was simply the best show on chicago radio.

This link is a great one for info about the bears as well as the nfl.

Some north tidbits from this week:

Bashed forte for having several bad games in a row and then having a good day against the lowly lions.

Bashed urlacher for not just playing poorly but also standing around the pile and being lazy.

Listen to the first hour of the 3rd it's some good stuff..

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJNC3dgreaU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fJNC3dgreaU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Check out "Samurai" Mike Singletary lol.

You'd think after beating 8 different NFL teams there would be 1 team in there that would impress people. Oh well guess not. I think it's just something people say to make it seem like they have a chance. I mean we haven't lost a game, sorry we didn't beat the 1990 49ers, 85 Bears, 79 Steelers, and 77 Raiders on our way to 8-0.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

When did the bears get good all of a sudden this season? The bears defense is not as good as its been in the past. I'll give you guys a stat, the last 3 games the bears defense have let 3 qb's(Orlovsky,Ryan,Frerotte) pass for 891yds against them. One out of those 3 teams(falcons) have a pretty solid passig game,the other two rely on the run and still got 300yds in the air. I like our chances

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The bears are in the top 10 in scoring offense despite playing several very good defensive teams. Panthers-eagles-vikings. Strangely enough they are not in the top 10 in scoring or total defense.

With grossman starting the focus will be on matt forte who has a 3.8 ypc average against teams with an average ranking in run defense of 17th. Our defense is 10th in rush defense.

The key i think is to run right at urlacher with both our backs but maybe more carries for lendale this week. If we can get 4 yards a pop running right at them the game is ours.

Every week now teams are going to be very fired up to play us because of our unbeaten status and the media attention it has caused. The fans will be loud as hell. The best way to deal with that is to run the ball right down their throats.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If they arent the Ravens CJ will run on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar