Chet Parlavecchio???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sounds like Munch is giving a friend a break by getting his foot into the door with a very minor role. That is how people break into the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. 24

24 Starter

Quality control coach maybe? He could just be breaking film down.

3. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Nay sayers are making way too big of a deal out of this one. He's giving a friend a break, if he has talent he might make it as a real coach someday. Not everyone in the NFL had college coaching status before coming in as a low level assistant. The guy has been coaching, it's not like Munch is bringing in a shoe salesman. Probably hopes his friend will learn the ropes from the team around him.

4. amy

amy Starter

Whew! for a minute there, I was thinking that people here like nothing better than to trash someone they haven't a clue about. So he coaches high school football, so what? The NFL players are what, maybe two years more emotionally and socially mature than high schoolers? It's entirely reasonable to assume that he will do wonders because he's used to repeating things forty times over for kids who don't or can't learn the first thirty nine times. WELCOME TO THE I-TALIAN!!!

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

This isn't exactly like how Notre Dame hired a high school coach as their head coach in the '80's.

A lot of ex-players get these low level jobs without any coaching experience. I would think that an ex-player with high school experience (as a successful head coach) would be ahead of those guys. Heck, I've seen Gus Malzahn's name in some of these recent threads. He's an ex-high school coach.

6. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Not to mention, retired players sometimes become assistants for teams they've been a part of for a while, despite not having coaching experience at any level. We did it with Munch, and look how that turned out.

At least this guy has been a coach at the high school level for decades, so I think that, along with his playing experience in college and the NFL, makes him qualified enough to sit in the film room with the laser pointer. That's the extent of actual coaching he may do with McGinnis and Bush on staff.

Solid hire that'll be inconsequential if it fails. I think people are just concerned about Munch giving unqualified coaches jobs just because he played with them, but as of now, he's yet to do so.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

Al Bundy for Assistant Running Back coach. He did score 6TDs in one game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar