Chef leaves South Park

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nigel, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

He'll be missed, but only cause he was in some classic episodes.

Ever since the creators been dropping knowledge with that satire, Chef has been only a secondary character. He's also being a big hypocrite about all this.

2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'll miss Chef a little. I like the show usually, they do go overboard. But so what, that's the history of comedy. People are supposed to be offended by comedy sometimes. Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, just add a name, they were all offensive to somebody. But they are funny.
    I think the guy should quit if it bothers him.
    He should have anticipated this though, didn't he think they would eventually do some shows he would not be comfortable with? They make fun of everybody. Even redheads, I'm a Daywalker...lol

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Kill the Gingers!

I had never heard that term before SP

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Really?

It isnt all that unknown down under.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well I'm not hip on all the kool slang all you youngsters use nowadays

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

Is Isaac Hayes a Scientologist?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah, thats why he got all upset over the Tom Cruise coming out of the closet episode.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I discussed this at length with a couple of friends who have some first hand experience with Scientology and in their opinion this is probably what happened...High ups at the church got seriously ticked off and met with him. They have an ethics scale and they lowered him on it. They told him he had to disconnect from South Park and make a public statement (there is a policy that states something to the effect "strike a blow at the enemy even at the risk of personal harm to you"). Now, he will have to make amends by donating time, sweat and money to disseminate Scientology to get back "in ethics". They usually cut "stars" some slack but Hayes star doesn't shine all that brightly and recent episodes taking direct attacks at Scientology were obviously just too much. If he wanted to stay in Scientology he likely didn't have a choice... but he's still a hypocrite.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

titanbuoy a scientologist?

either way they got some connections.

I cant wait for the Dan Brown type book depicting their evilness.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

hehehe... I'm waaaaaay to cheap to be a Scientologist (my money is mine damn it!). And besides, in the immortal words of Groucho Marx "I would never want to join a club that would have someone like me for a member."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar