Checking the Mock Drafts -- For Titans Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree, I am not big on QB or OT in round 1, but don't be shocked if someone falls and they take the bait. They have the position to do so if Mack and Barr are off the board. It could really go anywhere. I personally don't think they are going QB or CB in the first, but I do think they will draft those spots somewhere...I guess only time will tell

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Best case for us trading down is if a player falls in the draft as well. One of the Tackles/WR/QB fall, we can trade back for a player a lower team wants. Our best chance is to trade with the Dolphins. They are at 19 and need a LT bad. If Matthews or the Michigan guy is there, they might pull the trigger. Really hoping we go that route.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Both do not have the length to play DE

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They can both play DE in a 3-4

5. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I agree

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like Donald too but fear he isn't a great fit for 3-4 either. Can't play DE imo.

But passing on him because he's too similar to Casey can be a mistake also. Really tough decision there.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't think you will find many teams running a 3-4 with both DEs 6'1".

I like Donald and won't be upset at all if he is who we draft, but if we draft him then I really don't think that him and Casey will both be our DEs. If we are going to play a 3-4 with both of them on the field together then I think that one of them would be a NT. I really don't see them on the field together much except when we go to a 4-3 look on passing downs.

Donald is a unique guy that a 4-3 team might be willing to trade up for. He really needs to go to a 4-3 team for his talents to be used to their fullest.

8. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

The beauty of selecting BPA, we have this option (if we want).

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Very good point, which is why all along Ive said Donald is too similar to Casey and Martin size wise to make me think we'd take him. But if we're identifying the drafts bests, he's your guy at 11.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea I too think Donald needs to be a 4-3 DT to meet his amazing potential.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar