Checking the Mock Drafts -- For Titans Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Side note: My paragraph above, is another reason that the "Swingers" annoy the living hell out of me....

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

if you are trying to save your coach's job, then long term and short term success is important. VY had short term success, like a lot of running QBs do.

So far, the jury is out on Warmack, definitely no first year success. IMO, you can get guards of his skill level in the 2nd-7th round, and most importantly in free agency. Even with two of the all-time great individual linemen in Munch and Matthews, the Oilers/Titans only made it to one Super Bowl, and lost that one. They are a brick in the wall.. not someone who will put you over the top, like an impact player will, like a great pass rusher, receiver, or passer. That's what I would hope for out of our top 10 picks.

Titans are very bad with top 10 picks. VY, Pacman, Locker, Warmack.

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I couldn't agree more about drafting Star. Just imagine him playing next to Casey last year. It would have been terror for the other team. Then we could have saved our 3rd rounder this year, stayed in place and drafted Warford in the 2nd. He had a better year than Warmack last year anyway, plus he and Schwenke really bonded and played well together at the Senior Bowl. Then this year we would have been (and still are) in perfect position to take an impact WR but some don't want to take another WR that high since we traded up for Hunter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, I just think it was a stupid pick. Warmack reaching 100% of his ability has less of an impact on the game than Lotulelei reaching 100% of his. That's why guards aren't taken in the top ten. But we're the Titans and we do stupid **** like that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

Yep. Guard at #30. Totally acceptable.

Guard at #10. Fireable offense.

There's a reason it never happens. And there's a reason why two historically losing franchises decided to do it in one season... because they're dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We can only be happy that it isn't happening this year thank god. I really like the experience and credentials of the new regime, so hopefully those days are long gone. I just hope they don't reach on a bad QB or a project.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So you are suggesting we should fire Webster now?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm honestly leaning that way right now. The jury is still out and two years is not enough of a sample, but he gets overrated by the fans on this forum.

The contract Levitre got was ridiculous. $45 mil for a good but not great guard. Then the #2 guard, Louis Vazquez, got $25 mil and was an All-Pro. Then he spends the #10 pick on another guard. Still can't run the ball. Overkill at one of the least important positions and it didn't even work.

That trade up for Hunter better work out, otherwise we used two picks on a guy at a position that's ****ing loaded this year.

9. nickmsmith

Not really.
    There are a lot of factors at work there. How much did ownership/Munchak/the "brain trust" have to do with that decision? GM pulls the trigger, but a lot of people are behind it.

Hunter would have been a better pick at #10, and we would have had a 3rd this year. They could have traded down, got hunter mid 1st, and had more picks this year, instead of less..
    But hindsight is 20/20.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I agree with everything you said but the last part. Yes the trade up for Hunter needs to work considering what we gave up for him but you can't predict what talent a position is going to have from year to year. You have an idea but nobody knows with juniors not declaring yet and a bunch of other factors such as play, injuries, etc. I can't hold this years class of WR's against Webster. It sucks for sure but nobody could have predicted this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar