Checking the Mock Drafts -- For Titans Predictions

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

With the draft a little over three weeks away we can get a better idea of how the first round will shake down. Here are what some experts and people who claim to be experts have the Titans picking at number 11:

SI -- Don Banks

11. Tennessee -- Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

The reality facing Bridgewater, who once was the consensus No. 1 pick in the draft, is that if not Tennessee, then his draft-night wait might extend until the lower reaches of the first round. But I don't think the Titans, with new head coach Ken Whisenhunt, will let that scenario unfold. Whisenhunt knows the night-and-day difference quality quarterbacking can make from his Arizona head coaching experience, and Tennessee can't afford to pass on a prospect of this level with only the oft-injured Jake Locker as a legitimate starting option as he enters his make-or-break fourth season in Nashville.
    Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140410/2014-nfl-mock-draft-sammy-watkins-mike-evans/#ixzz2ysrBh94v

Walter Football

[​IMG] Tennessee Titans: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State [​IMG]
    The Titans addressed a bunch of areas on their roster this offseason, but one position of need that they didn't get to fix was cornerback. They lost Alterraun Verner to the Buccaneers, so they need a new starter across from Jason McCourty. Tennessee has to get past Andrew Luck to win the AFC South, so acquiring as many talented corners as possible is a must.

Justin Gilbert, the consensus No. 1 cornerback, also happens to be one of the top players available, so that means this pick makes more sense.
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

Go Titans.com -- Cajun_Titan_33

With the 11th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select C.J. Mosely, ILB, Alabama.
    http://www.gotitans.com/threads/gotitans-gm-mock-draft-selection-thread.91283/page-2

CBS Sports -- Most of their pundits

Anthony Barr -- OLB UCLA

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Draft Countdown -- Scott Wright

TENNESSEE TITANS: ANTHONY BARR, OLB, UCLA

When it comes to defense the cupboard is far from bare in Tennessee but they lack a dynamic, difference-making pass rusher on the outside. That will be an even greater concern under new Defensive Coordinator Ray Horton, who will be implementing more odd looks and likes to apply pressure off the edge. UCLA OLB Anthony Barr would be a tremendous value at this point and is arguably a better pro prospect than Dion Jordan, who went #3 overall a year ago. Barr began his college career as a fullback / tight end hybrid but has been nothing short of a revelation since transitioning to defense as a junior. An incredible athlete with an outstanding blend of size and speed as well as top-notch intangibles,
    [​IMG]
    Barr terrorizes opponents as a blitzer and the scary part is he’s just beginning to tap into his immense potential. There are also indications that David Stewart will be a cap casualty which would open up a hole at right tackle and with Michael Roos getting up there in years as well it may be tough to pass on Taylor Lewan of Michigan. The Titans could be in the market for a cornerback too if free agent Alterraun Verner isn’t re-signed so watch out for Justin Gilbert of Oklahoma St. or Darqueze Dennard of Michigan St.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Pass on Barr and Mosely. The more I watch of those two the less intrigued I become.

Gilbert and Bridgewater IMO are luxury picks, but I'd be cool with either. What we really need is a polished pass rusher. A strong front 7 will make any secondary look good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

I am not sold on Barr or Mosely either. And I think we are in a position to take a luxury pick. Bridgewater would not be too bad and could fall to us.

4. JCBRAVE

Im all on board the Bridgewater train as long as he keeps those gloves nearby. But Im somewhat torn on us taking a QB early. If we could add 2 studs with our top 2 picks Locker succeeding is more likely.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

I wouldn't upset with barr, but he has a little ways to go before he will be a consistent force. Any of the top 3 qbs I'd be happy with. I think our current cbs "could" do the job, but would like the gilbert pick too. If we can't get gilbert, barr or a top qb I really hope we move back

6. JCBRAVE

Every team is hoping to move back, and no team seems sold on one guy. moving back may be a challenge this year.

7. The Hammer

There really is nothing at the top that excites me. That, coupled with the fact we do not have pressing needs, makes me think trading down would be best even more. Take an RB and Jimmy G with our first two picks. Then add depth at WR or DB with the third rounder. Jimmy G would be a good backup plan for Locker.

8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I know, but it's possible, that's just what I would like to do. I really don't want to see us grabbing a guy way to early.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

I like this plan if we can slide back. But I think if we do move back we will be getting 3 or 4 extra picks. We could get another 2nd

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If the plan is to go RB by committee then no need to spend a 1st or 2nd rnd pick on a RB.

Barr is certainly a boom or bust prospect. We do have an advantage over every other team though since Lou Spanos our new LBer coach was his defensive co-ordinator at UCLA. Spanos knows better than anyone what sort of guy he is.

Personally I like what I see from Barr. He can really bend the corner which is what is needed to beat the OTs on speed rushes and when he gets to the QB he does it in a violent fashion. I would be happy with the Barr pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar