check out this high school stadium in tejas

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ONUV, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

It's just outside of Houston. Good school. Good district. Although Cy-Falls kicks their butts.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Heck that's as nice as MTSU's and much better than vandy's which is sort of a joke.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Foolish to put that much money in a High School football stadium.
    Priorities in the wrong place...

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Check out the arena that is right next door.
    With family and friends in Houston, its no surprise. It's my understanding that this stadium is used by most of the HS in one of the richer sides of Houston.
    Football stadium and arena cost 75 million total, I believe.

5. DANG, thats nicer than my schools!!! haha

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not going to lie. That is an obscene amount of money. But you could consider it an investment. What happens is that when those kids go pro, and the kids from Texas often do, they will give back. And that probably helped build it. It will have a return. 75 million is a lot tho'. Borderline crazy, but I wonder if when you look at the numbers it wasn't all that bad. Not only that, but just like with any stadium, you have to look at how the money comes back into the community because of it. If even a small number of players give back to the community, it pays for itself. Stadiums get a bad rap, but they do generate a lot of activity even on the high school level.

I Think the other thing to remember is that highschool sports are the next big burn. In other words, how long before the highschools become more profitable than the ncaa. They are on their way. Lebron, Jason Kidd, Vince Young are only the beginning. HighSchools are an untapped market. They really are. They have stars as marketable as the nfl and the ncaa. They just don't realize it yet. But somebody is going to. And it won't be long before the uncontaminated enviroment becomes a money making machine.

8. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

the reason for the basketball/multi-purpose stadium adjacent to the football field was for advanced placement testing, conferences and to do graduations for the senior classes. Before the Berry Center was built, the district would have to spend THOUSANDS each year to rent out Reliant Stadium, where the Texans play in order for the huge graduating classes and their families to have the ceremony. With each class over 750 students, and some as large as 1,000. This investment will pay for itself just in Reliant Stadium renting fees over the next 10-15 years.

I am proud to say I am the first graduating class to use Berry Center for the graduation ceremonies. (We called it the Taj Mahal when it was being built....its huge, and beautiful.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar