Chargers Show Interest in Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Chargers expressed interest in QB Billy Volek a couple of weeks ago when he asked to be traded. Volek thinks a deal may be reached next week after the Titans play them on Sunday. "I know that they have a lot of interest. I know that they have contacted Floyd Reese and they contacted my agent," Volek said. "There is an opportunity for me there and it is a bridge I'll cross when it presents itself." Volek has said he doesn't want to be a distraction for the Titans yet wants to be able to compete somewhere in the league. When QB Kerry Collins was signed, Volek dropped to the #3 spot. "With Kerry bringing in more experience and still being able to sling it down the field, let me move on and do what is best for my career," Volek said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. where does everyone think hell go Kansas city or san diego

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

The more important question (IMHO) is what are we going to get for him.

It seems like a foregone conclusion that he is a short timer in Nashville.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

considering the Titans have him listed as a #3 that aren't going to get jack squat for him..their loss for doing that

5. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

i wonder how much better of a trade for us it would be if we had volek start last weeks game and had him still listed at 1 for this weeks

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Didn't we just have to pay this guy "X"-amount of money because he was still on our roster? What happens to that money if we trade him now?
    I feel like, well, we paid him, let's keep him until January as a back-up.

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

No, him being on the roster just means his salary for the year is guaranteed.
    It was either that or cut him.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I thought we just gave him a roster bonus?

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

We may not be getting a lot for him but it will be more than we would have received if he had been hurt last week. I think they had a deal we SD before the 1st game but weren't going to trade him before we played them and didn't want to chance an injury. With KC in the picture we may get more for him now than we would have earlier, KC really doesn't have a back up so they may give us a better deal than SD would have now SD might up thier offer. May have been pretty smart of the Titans to wait for everyone to see who was available after cuts and and if any QBs got injured.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

The roster "bonus" was months ago.

Any "vested" player on the roster on day one of the regular season has their contract guaranteed.
    If you cut them, they still get their salary for the year.
    Unless they are traded, in which case another team assumes their contract.
    I suppose if they sign with another teamwithout a trade, then the salary is pro-rated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar