Post-Game Thread Chargers 20, Titans 19

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Was the call to go for two the right call?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2018.
  1. I liked that he went for two. Gutsy.

3.2%
  2. I liked he went for two but the formation/play was awful.

57.9%
  3. Should have tied it up and gone to OT.

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The team came to play this week, thats a huge improvement from what we saw vs Buffalo and Baltimore.

I liked the 2-point attempt, obviously the play was bad but the balls to go for it and close out the game was good.

Going to OT vs Rivers wouldn't be ideal.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. bupac

bupac Starter

I would take T Hill and his drops every single day. His positive plays far outweigh his negative, unlike our receivers.

3. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

I didn't like going for two in that moment. Why put the game on one play unnecessarily? Go into OT where there are better odds that one play won't decide it. Not to mention apparently they do not have a sure fire 2 pt. conversion play. The two plays they called were terrible. I would think that you would do an RPO with Mariota and let the chips fall where they may. But I think the real issue is that LeFluer doesn't know the strengths of his players and he is fitting them into his system (rather than adjusting the system to fit the players), and it is not working.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

There is two positive things that came out Sunday.
    1. The Jags are imploding. Guess there was fights going on in the locker room between the defense and offense Ramsey at the center of it of course. Bad Bortles is back(We know he never left but media).
    2. Colts still suck even though they won.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

They're trying to pull a guard at the goalline, basically a power PA. That's would be a pretty damn dumb run play in that situation.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Could have run a qb sneak and walked in no one was over the right guard

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Thought so too, but haven't seen the replay, so wasn't entirely sure.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Watching Mahomes play makes me sad. I get most teams can say that. But watching him play is impressive.

I'd really like to see the playbook get opened up, and I want to know why it hasn't Is LaFleur worried about the catchers, the blocking, the QB, a combination or all of it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'm totally cool with going for it because if it went to OT, Rivers will get a TD and it'll be over. So going for 2 is fine.

But the play call was too much risk. Everyone saying we should have had a RB back there. I actually disagree. Line up empty back like they did, and just have Mariota run it. The interior OL is bad, but most of the defenders were DB's off the line so just have Mariota avoid the defenders that get through the interior OL and there's your conversion, game over. It would have had a significantly higher probability than what we saw.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hindsight is 50/50 - Jon Gruden

I love the guts Vrabel has displayed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar