Post-Game Thread Chargers 20, Titans 19

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2018.

?

Was the call to go for two the right call?

Poll closed Oct 23, 2018.
  1. I liked that he went for two. Gutsy.

3.2%
  2. I liked he went for two but the formation/play was awful.

57.9%
  3. Should have tied it up and gone to OT.

38.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

People keep saying crap like this and I really ask, what more can Marcus do when his receivers continually drop passes that hit them in their fricken hands?

It’s fine and dandy to roll off stats, but watch the games and they tell a different story.

Do I think Mariota is godsend and can’t do any better? No.

Do I hold him to just a stat of scoring TD’s? No again, because we have seen him throw, catch, and score his own TD..... I don’t expect him to do that all the tine.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

DUUUUUUDE

I BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS

championship teams get their rt’s in the 3-4 round not trading up in the freaking top ten for him. That was when I dubbed him JROBD

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

KC top offensive weapons; hunt, kelce, hill. We have Jonnu, Henry, Corey. Yup, no comparison at all. They're in an established offense and playbook from a future HOF coach that has been the headcoach for years. While they're fun to watch in the regular season, let's see how they crumble in the playoffs.

4. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Wow, didn’t notice the LG live, brutal. That said it’s such an easy defense called, rush two interior, drop 7 and the DEs are playing outside contain. Our play call has such a low probability of working. Even a single set RB I would imagine would commit them to rushing 5-6 and that play might work

5. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

" "You play to win the game! ...You don't play to just play it!!!"
    -Herm Edwards "
    -Young 54

Loved the call! Everyone saying we should of tied it would of been loving Vrabel had it worked out. What I didn't like was the play call. However, again, if it works its a different story. I also didn't like the call on the TD, but hey, a score is a score and it worked out. I think after the roll out pass and the PI, we should of just ran it with Henry out of the Full Back position. Or at least an RPO. Empty back field with no motion before the snap was a terrible call.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We've not talked about the TD pass to Stocker which, I thought, was a strange call at the time. But take a look at the OL on that play.

[​IMG]

No way would an inside run has a chance on that play.

So, I can see where LaFleur would think getting a yard inside might be tough—even a sneak.

But to not put a RB in the formation killed his play from the start, IMO. If the Chargers play it as we see here, it looks like Marcus could have faked the hand-off and bootlegged right for the option to run it in or pass.

8. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Lol the middle of that OL is so bad!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

Couple of misc notes. First I have heard the Titans brought up on a few national sports shows today. National exposure yay! Bad part is nearly everyone I have heard thinks this was a poor call to go for it. A couple said they may have liked it if it was a different call or formation. But still a bad decision overall. A couple of guys said they liked it because they don't care about either team.

Also, T Hill dropped an easy td in the KC game. I actually saw a few bad drops and drops to ints yesterday. But when you're whoopin on someone these things are easily forgotten. The Titans play so close that everything is magnified x 100.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Welt

Welt Starter

Well, Mariota had a pick 6 dropped in the first drive of the game. He tried to get a slant between like 3 guys on the weak side, for whatever reason.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar