channel 5 reporting another arrest

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, the problem there is kids shouldnt look up to athletes. tell them to look up to the real heroes in this country like fire fighters.

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

give me a break ! are you a lawyer or something ? go ahead and stand behind this kind of stuff if you want to but im not .

3. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

HEY ! i totally agree , wow we agreed on something.:))

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

zo is a variant of zoo, and ology is the studying. so it's zoology. my zoology teacher was very anal about people saying zoo-ology.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Reynaldology is powerful enough to change the rule.

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

In the first place, it is an arrest, not a conviction.

Second, DUI is one of those special little crimes in which we put people in jail and fine them money, and embarass them by making them rake leaves like Boy George, and we do this even when we can't point to a victim.

Any of us might lose our minds, snap and go on a murderous rampage, but that is not a just reason to go ahead and punish us for what might happen. It is punishment for bad things that didn't happen, but might have.

Keeping impaired drivers off the road is a good thing, whether they are impaired by drink, OTC meds, or lack of sleep. Putting people in jail because they were impaired but managed to not hurt anyone is just silly.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher ends the OTA with the "stay outta trouble" speech. Less than 24 hours later, dude is in the news.

We'll see is Fisher meant business with his "no tolerance" policy.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

7th round pick with being a back-up @ best....JF stand by your policy please.....

CUT him.....

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm no expert on American labour laws and regulation, but unless you're a chauffeur and got caught DUI'ing in the company car, I would say there's grounds for a wrongful termination suit.

Over here you certainly couldn't fire someone for getting a DUI, speeding, disorderly conduct etc. (unless directly tied to your work).

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As far as I know, he hasn't signed a contract with the Titans as of yet. But many contracts contain certain conduct which can lead to termination. Also, Tennessee is an "At Will" state (can be terminated at any time, and for any reason).

I doubt there would be any legal issues if the Titans decide to release him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar