Changes That Could Strengthen Team In 2014

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

EXACTLY!!! People say cut CJ as if its easy to find another starting caliber running back in the mid rounds... look at the history above... there are a lot more misses than hits

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's true with every position, no surprise there..

But it is one position where the real NFL talent is found all through the rounds. Not that any given RB is a guaranteed superstar.. but some of the better RBs were not considered "1st round material." Unlike QB, where it is very top-loaded. You often find solid RBs in the 2-6th rounds.. where it's nearly impossible to find solid QBs there.

It's just generally stupid to pick a running back with your first round pick.

And IT IS NOT HARD TO REPLACE A RUSHER WHO BARELY CAN GET 1K YARDS PER SEASON.

You can give the same amount of carries to almost any NFL caliber RB and get the same amount of production. Or they could be intelligent with it, and split it up between 2 or 3 backs. He would not be hard to replace. He does not excel at any aspect of the game anymore.

Even the Sucky Javon Ringer got 3.1 YPC in his last year with a decent amount of carries. Assuming he kept up that pace.. he would have finished with 864 yards on the year, with CJ's amount of carries. is 140 or so yards the difference between a "crappy" RB, and one that is worth mega bucks?!?!

And I am taking his lowest YPC of his career here, in 2010, he averaged 4.7 YPC. But didn't use that for the sake of fairness.

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

OT, DT, DE, and MLB. This is what we need in no particular order. These cam all be addressed in the off season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Tyrone calico, Ben troupe, Taylor Thompson .......

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's some good DE's this free agency we could sign and not have to worry about drafting. problem is the cost, usually good DLinemen want the $$

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would not mind something younger at safety as well. In addition to what we have.

7. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

the biggest thing this team needs is a QB and o coordinator.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The Titans have definitely wasted some potential over the years. And I am the first one to criticize the FO for development.

I don't know about these, though. I think drafting them was a bigger mistake than their lack of development.

Calico was on the way up until that injury killed him. Bad QB play did not help for sure.

Troupe.. I don't know what to think about him.. Just a loser 4/5ths of the time.. then a human highlight reel for the other fifth.

Thompson- I don't even think he should have been a draft pick.. more worthy of a free agent pickup project. He has shown nothing to show that he will ever actually be anything more than an extra, slightly quicker OT. If we ever have to depend on him as a TE, we are in big trouble.

There have been a few players we got the best out of:
    Bennett, Scaife, KVB, Odom, Haynesworth, Finnegan. None very recently.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The conversation shouldn't be whether or not we can find someone better than CJ in the mid-rounds. The conversation should be (A) does CJ fit what we are trying to do, and (B) if so, is he worth the money he is set to be paid.

Personally, I don't think his skill set is a great match for the type of offense we've been trying to run the past few seasons. That's a big part of the problem. Of course since we are in head coach limbo at the moment, we have no idea how he'll "fit" going forward. I expect that will be one of the first topics on the docket between Ruston and the new HC.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Walt Aikens Liberty University. His stock will go up in the senior bowl and the combine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar