CB in the First, or Possibly S -- Deal With It

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

I would wager 11 million fake dollars that we don't go safety in the first. CB is a possibility, but that isn't anything we didn't already know.

1st pick will be either OL, DE, or CB unless we trade back/up.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CB or safety 1st round makes plenty of sense since IMO neither Verner or Griffin will be here this time next year.

If a DB is BPA at 10 I believe we take them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ogletree would be perfect for the Bengals.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'll cry if we take Kenny. Elam is better than him.

I think Rhodes is a very likely pick.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've heard/read a lot that the Titans really like Trufant. I don't think he's worth a pick at 10 but maybe this is an indication that they are going to try to trade back. Maybe the best move IMO unless a stud drops to them. Like someone said earlier, CB is the only position of need they haven't addressed and there are/were some great CB's available in FA. This tells me they're targeting a CB in the 1st or they think Sensabaugh or Campbell will suffice.

6. The Hammer

So in other words they are targeting a CB in the first ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

People were shocked at taking a WR last year in the first. And yet here we are this year all saying WR is a position we need to be looking at. So obviously WR was not a bad pick this year.

We do not have good Safeties. We have stop gap players. CB beyond McCourty is not much better.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I wouldn't be shocked by seeing Trufant at #10.

9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I would not be surprised if we draft a OT at #10. I think that is more of a chance than picking a guard. Assuming that Joeckel and Fisher will be gone before we pick, there is a possibility that Johnson will still be available. He could start at RT and Stewart would move to RG.

10. The Hammer

I could see an OT at 10 too. Though I think the rook would play guard for a year or two. Waiting for Stewart's usefulness to run out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar