CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

On the other side, I've been wondering if the Bears will be able to resign Thomas Jones next year after they have to franchise Lance Briggs. He's sort of found a home in Chicago. I doubt he would consider coming here, but you never know what may happen.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Chicago actually wants to get rid of Benson who has so many friends in the lockeroom I can count them on one hand. If they're smart, they will keep running Benson and quietly inquire about a trade after the season. Everyone on the team loves Jones so I don't think he'll go anywhere.

Gut

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I still am having a hard time getting your logic. Henry is having one of the best years of his career and is averaging close to 100 yards per start and has equaled his career high of 4.4 YPC. His production rates as good as his best year in the NFL when he ran for 1400+ yards (obviously didn't play in every game this year or he could be close to that kind of yardage again). Henry is also in great shape and looks like one solid muscle.

We are going to let this guy walk and hand the reigns over to a guy who only has 53 carries this year and has a track record of being more injury prone than Chris Brown.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sox...

It's not like White was our starter and he's only been healthy enough for 53 carries. He's a rookie who when healthy, is still BEHIND at least one RB on the depth chart...so your 53 carries argument doesn't apply.

And I wouldn't call less than one year of limited playing time...a track record!

Gut

5. We're supposed to give him a pass for being out of shape? I can give people a pass for an injury, but being out of shape and being suspended were entirely his fault. Is he going to get lazy again when he has already gotten his $8M bonus?

And he's a good back, but he's not great. The way the NFL works, you don't give big money to a not-great RB. I'd rather give the ball to LenDale or go out and find someone else if he doesn't pan out.

I like Henry as a RB. I'd even consider keeping him for a reasonable price. But I happen to think White can be a great back, plus we already have him for cheap. And Henry can't be either.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

portis maybe free along with benson.................next yr

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I read that he thought he could play at a heavier weight last year. He looked slower at that weight, but maybe he thought he'd be ok there. He should not get a pass for the drug thing.

But other than that, I thought he did ok behind last year's line. He was still very hard to bring down. Now that his quickness is back, and he's still hard to take down, I have no doubts about his game.

I wouldn't pay him 8M either. I'd try to restructure and keep him.

We haven't seen anything spectacular out of Lendale, and I sure haven't seen any great potential from him. He's been ok imo, and he's been injured too much. If I'm worried about another suspension for Henry, I'm just as worried about putting most of the load on Lendale's shoulders.

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

personally i let TH walk..................cant risk his deal with a young QB...............

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

every time LW gets the ball he knocks Defenders back.............he is a back who needs the ball 20-25 times............because in the 4th Q he will punish them..................he has never got the chance.............they are wearing out TH to get their monies worth and save LW for 07...............everyone in BSP knows LW has major talent

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He won't be wearing out defenses if he can't stay healthy. He looked good at USC, but we've seen nothing great since he's been in the pros. That was a damn good line at USC....

If he can be that guy, that's great. But I can't see how anyone can drink the koolaid for him yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar