CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Nice try..............if Fisher thought CB was third stringer he should have traded him and kept nash.............because everyone and their Grandma knows he is not coming back next yr...........and we save cap and get a young player................in my view CB has a ton of upside thatHenry does not give you...........CB is a homerun hitter and Henry is a bowling ball.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Never. He'll get injured between 2nd and 3rd base and the only way to complete the run is on a stretcher, carried by the medics.

He could be better than LT, but with his lack of staying healthy, he'll never be dependable.

4. Fry

i dont think he is our best back, but he is definitely better than nash. so i dont know why we would trade brown and keep someone who couldnt make weight.

we kept brown for the situation we're in now. i trust brown to carry the load for one game a hell of a lot more than nash.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

which means he is not the best back we have

to be more accurate is to say he has the most "potential"

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think we've learned our lesson on potential in the draft... Brown shows incredibly impressive talent sometimes. But when it comes down to it, and it's third or fourth and inches and the box is stacked, you're playing a great D, and you know you're going to take a hit or two before making the marker, I want to give the ball to Henry every time. (Not including Vince into that equation)

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

CB is as good or better than any back we have on any given play with the exception of short yardage. IMO we will need to open up the offense and will not be able to pound the ball against the Jags. That means 3 WRs with VY passing and running often and Brown getting good yardage when we do hand him the ball. Brown is by far our best pass blocking back and can also catch the ball well out of the back field. He should be a good matchup IMO against the Jags.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In my opinion short yardage situation is (or should be) 75% O-line and 25% runningback.

Sure it's nice to have a Bettis who can get 2 yards even when nobody's blocking for him, but I'd much rather have an O-line who can give my back 1-2 yards "untouched".

Too often have we seen our backs hit 2 yards deep in the backfield right after getting the handoff. It seems to have gotten much better this year (are we seeing the difference between Hartwig and Mawae?).

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

you trade CB because his deal is up and he had value to teams like Denver and the Jets............and you keep nash for a yr because he is cheaper than CB and here for depth only.......moreover we will get very little for CB next yr in compensation and we could have gotten a 3 or 4 for him in TC...................lets face it..............CB has not done anything because he was not given the rock. It was a FO/coaching blunder in the same line that Volek andKC were.................... CB can hit the big gainer...........TH is a chain mover..............

10. Fry

meanwhile we have no running game to speak of when travis gets hurt for a game or two because we traded chrs brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar