CB did us good

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think the emphasis on smoking pot is overrated
    I'll bet that 25% of NFL and NBA athletes smoke the cheeba from time to time
    aside from some short-term memory issues ......... what was I saying ...... oh yeah, aside from some short-term memory issues, it has little effect on a persons overall health

they should be more concerned over cocaine and steroid use

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

In a pre-game interview, Chris stated that the Texans game was an opportunity for him to audition for 31 teams - subtle

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

He picked up the blitz, and threw the key block to spring VY loose. CB's block also caused the other defender to go wide of the block, and then leave his feet. When they guy came down, VY was already halfway to the endzone.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If Fisher told you the team was going to resign Chris Brown, would you believe him? I wouldn't.

Barring a career ending injury to White, Chris Brown won't be on this team next year, unless none of the other 31 teams want to pick him up. And even if White does get a serious injury, chances are we try to draft another RB anyways.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

CB is a better choice against the Jags anyhow because he is faster than Henry and has had more success agains the Jags than Henry has............Henry even with the Bills never hurt the Jags...........his best day he had three TD's against them but ran for just over thirty yds.............CB has put over a 100 on them in 2004 in nashville...............I like CB this week and the Jags D is no longer elite............it has alot of extras playing now............

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Henry's violation could have been a banned substance, whatever all the different steroid categories are, it doesn't necessarily have to be any kind of drugs. The violation couldn't be alcohol anyway, that's irrelevant.

Heck, this week we should use anyone we can. Desperate games call for desperate measures...

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think CB would have a lot of success behind this line but maybe be more inconsistent. Henry is better at breaking tackles so he can sometimes bulldoze his way for a few on his own. However, Brown is faster and can really rip off some big yardage in a hurry.

Someone mentioned Denver? That's EXACTLY where I'd go if I was CB and yes, I think he could rip off a 2000 yd season there (if he was the feature back).

Question is, how much does money play into where CB goes vs playing time?

I don't expect him to get big money offers because first, he's not durable and second, it's too easy to draft a decent back for less money.

So if you're CB, you first want a shot at starting (on a good team preferably). If not, the best place to showcase your skills (and Denver would be that option).

I'd like to keep all 3 because they are all good players, but we don't know how healthy LenDale can stay so I think that means CB is out. Personally, I think if LenDale can be the feature back, we'd be better off with CB as our #2. Brown has better speed, is a better pass blocker and compliments White better. No disrespect to TH.

Gut

8. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Henry issue was Pot..............everyone knows it...........his first one occured in Buffalo and Reese knew about it before the trade................it was pure stupidity on TH part

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

CB is going to have a major day Sunday..............I still believe he is the best back we have...........but he cant stay healthy

10. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I thought they got some of the guys back from injury that we did not face the last time. We will also have AH back in the middle as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar