Casey, Marks keep Martin on sidelines

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Rookie tackle Mike Martin has been a big part of the Titans’ defensive tackle rotation this season, but in Sunday’s loss to Chicago, neither Martin nor second-year tackle Karl Klug saw much action.

Martin was on the field for just eight of 69 defensive snaps, while Klug was on the field for just four snaps.

Starting defensive tackles Jurrell Casey and Sen’Derrick Marks stayed on the field for almost the whole game, as Casey got 59 defensive snaps and Marks 58.

“Casey played well. We thought he was getting good penetration,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “He’d been hurt most of the year with the elbow. He had that big thing on his arm for all that time and then he got something on his shoulder, so he was playing a lot less plays for a long time. I thought yesterday he had a lot of energy and played well.

“It was working. I think it was just one of those things where we left him in. I think Marks was moving around pretty well in the middle, too.”

Marks and Casey both recorded five tackles, with Casey adding a sack and forced fumble.

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Martin was having a great year, why reduce his snaps??

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Stupid call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar