Casey has Hall of Fame goals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

One of the biggest highlights on an otherwise disappointing defense so far has been the play of Titans defensive tackle Jurrell Casey.

Casey made the play of the preseason on Saturday when he took the ball away from Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton, recorded as a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery all in one.

It was a continuation of what Casey, who has lofty goals for himself, has done in practices in training camp.

“I feel like I am always good. I just want to keep getting better,’’ Casey said. “Like I tell everybody, the goal I have is to reach the Hall of Fame, so the way I can do it is by beating everybody out there.”

A third-round draft pick in 2011, Casey played in all 16 games last season for the Titans, and finished with 80 tackles and three sacks. He’s especially optimistic heading into 2013 following an offseason when he turned things up a few notches in preparation in an attempt to prevent injuries.

Casey said his teammates sometimes kid him about his lofty goals, but that’s OK.

“They give me a chuckle here and there about it, but at the end of the day I know what is inside of me and I know how hard I can compete. All the time, all day,’’ said Casey, who has started 31 of 32 games in his first two NFL seasons. “I just love playing the game. I have been playing since I was seven and that’s my life so I am going to try and be the best I can be.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar