Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Crow?
    Bengals win here big time...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bengals have been drafting very well in recent years. No reason to think they wouldn't now..

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

some may say that Brown lost because he let Carson have his way.... let me assure you... Brown and the Bengels WON

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yes, but they were not winning while Palmer was retired as you were suggesting. Would they have been winning if they said screw it and passed on the Raiders deal? No.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

At first glance, I thought it was a stupid trade on the Raiders behalf.

But, I'm starting to like it more and more. Palmer is only 31 (Hass is 36, Brady is 34) so he should have some gas in the tank. Palmer also is friends and has worked with Hue Jackson before. Raiders are a playoff team, and with Campbell down (and on the last year of his contract) Palmer fits. He should start multiple years, and Pryor can develop under him.

Raiders have a couple WRs with potential still (DHB and Ford). Palmer just has to get them the ball and they'll make plays. Not to mention he has Run DMC and Bush to hand it off too.

2 1sts still seems like a lot, but they didn't have any other picks this year... And they hadda wow Mikee Brown to agree on the trade. They also should get a 3rd round comp from NA so that's a tad helpful. Watch out for the Raiders if Palmer has a Hasselbeck type of comeback with a new team.

6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I'd bet money if Al Davis was alive he would've offered the Eagles something Vince Young. They'd probably get it too, I don't think the Eagles really knew what they were getting when they signed him. Bad move on their part. Of course there's no way to see if if I'd ever win that bet.

Carson Palmer's not a terrible QB. He's not as great as he was supposed to be either. But not terrible. I think this is the best thing the Raider's could've done, and the best thing Carson could do for his career at this point.

Don't care one way or another about the Radiers, but this was smart. Because not only this way does it save their season, but I don't think Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, nor Terrelle Pryor is a long-term QB. Carson really might be. He was supposed to be savior coming out of college, I'm not sure if it was Carson of if it just takes Jesus himself to save the damn Bengals.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

i think he meant the team was winning, as they are 4-2 without Palmer.

8. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! I take that back.

I didn't see what the Raiders gave up for him. I thought it was like a 5th round pick.

Raiders are dumb with or without Davis breathing.

9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

umm best pick for the bengals in the draft 2 years ago...carlos dunlap....man we really screwed up...

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

let alone see who they get with these picks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar