Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pretty costly but they think he can be their main guy for the rest of this year and the next 3 after. They can't expect to get a high enough pick to take a top prospect in the next draft.

FYI Palmer will be 32 in December. Hardly old for a QB. Palmer will inherit a good running game and some good players to work with. Potentially he could do well there.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Al Davis lives on.

This basically proves my point that we could've traded CJ for McFadden + some.

This is obviously a smart trade, but you're forgetting when he turned down two first round draft picks for Ocho.

FWIW, I said Brown was a moron for doing nothing with Palmer. Now he finally did the right thing. He got lucky that Campbell got injured and that the Davis family is still in charge.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good grief. I am not forgetting anything.
    I probably have more MB insight than any member on this board..
    I could make a list as long as my arm of his Bungling moves (including a few that make that Ocho trade look like MENSA territory) - but my part of this conversation has been solely in regard to Palmer - and Brown absolutely killed it on this one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how does a Carson Palmer trade relate to a CJ-McFadden trade in ANY way shape or form...

REACHING

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Friggin amazing deal for the Bengals. Two (potential) first round picks for a nearly 32 year old QB who hasn't even been that spectacular the past couple seasons anyway? Wow. I was thinking they'd end up getting a 2nd, at most.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I assumed they would get a 2nd from some desperate team next offseason..
    The Bengals could be a team to watch very soon.. #1 Defense in the league right now. A future Calvin Johnson type in Green. An improving rook under center. Those picks may just make the difference..
    Marvin signed a one year and would be dumb as rocks to leave...

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Cincinnati Bengals are like a maggot,
    [​IMG]

looks okay from a far, but once you zoom in, oh my...

[​IMG]

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

lol

I got some crow for ya. :tailgate: Chow down.

It never made sense for Cinci to play hardball. They gain nothing by Palmer staying retired.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Great deal but can Brown and Lewis capitalise on those picks?

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Carson got what he wanted so I don't think he lost in any way. But the Bengals definitely didn't play this one dumb. Potentially risky, but it worked out well for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar