Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not true. The only way Carson becomes a free agent is if Cincy purges him from the books. He's got a contract with the team thru 2014.
    Needless to say they will trade him before cutting him.

And in regard to Cincy finding a way to "blow it" - here's an interesting fact:
    Since 2004 Cincy has won that division twice as many times as Baltimore has (and twice as many times as TN has won the AFCS in that same time period).

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

ouch... but then again.. it is hard to win with payton on one of the teams....but the ravens don't have much of an excuse either..

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dumb?
    Here are the facts..
    - MB made Carson the highest paid player (at the moment) in football when he signed him thru 2012.
    - Carson simply walked away - not wanting to keep his end of the deal
    - Brown says screw that... play or retire.
    - Bengals are winning - Carson is sitting.
    - Brown can trade CP next season and get just as much as he would have rec'd this season..
    Brown makes his point and still gets same trade value.
    Brown wins.
    How is this dumb?

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

not sure why you picked 2004 other than the fact that the Ravens won it in 2003.

Cinci has won it twice in the past few years...and how many playoff games have they won?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

OK - Cincy has won the AFCN as many times as Baltimore since they became The Ravens.
    The point wasn't about anything other than common perception of Cincy (as a perennial last-place punching bag) not a knock on The Ravens anyway..

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Creeping-Cruds I gotta be honest with you, I can't see your username anymore without thinking of that SNL Digital short by The Lonely Island "The Creep."

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

How is refusing to take TWO 1st round picks for Ochocinco not dumb? And how is letting Palmer rot not dumb?

They're winning. Cool. Good for them. That has nothing to do with either of these dumb things I've brought up.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't see anyone trading for Palmer this offseason...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

First off, my comments are in regard to the Palmer situation and not Brown's history as an owner. I happen to despise the man, but agree with his handling of Palmer.

So then, how is it "dumb" that he call's Palmer's hand, makes him sit a season and still gets same or better trade value next season?

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Who Cares? Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar