Carr fractured spine, out 2-6 weeks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

This injury will linger for Carr just look at Watt after injuring and re-injurying his back, he's not the same. If the Raiders are smart dont rush him back.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who is the backup QB?

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

EJ Manuel and Connor Cook

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Raiders are screwed. Guarantee they will lose both this upcoming games under EJ Manuel.

And Cook? Honestly? Cook looked awful last year when he took over for Carr.

Lets just be honest, backup QBs are a crapshoot. If they do win, its not beacause of them, its beacause of team effort.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Anyone calling this guy injury prone? Or just Mariota?

6. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

They've took "spine" out of most of the reports (on ProFootballTalk, anyways) and are calling it a "fractured back", now ... but isn't the spine the only bone in the back? lol Not sure if it's just more friendly wording, or if there's a difference?

But the type of fracture it is, they're calling it "transverse process fracture". Haven't been interested enough to look up exactly what it is ... but I recon it's something minor enough to come back from in a month or 2.

I do wonder if something like this will cause lingering issues, though. Anytime the word "fracture" comes up, it makes me think of 2 options: 1) fix with surgery, and potentially face IR or 2) treat and come back, but with lingering issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

I'd say it's probably just a slight fracture that needs to reform. Not sure what lingering issues there would be once it's healed.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Injury prone, can't every be good, franchise QBs never get injured

[​IMG]

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think Carr and :8: both need to take a page out of the Manning handbook and put availability over everything else...

Manning looked goofy as hell on the move, but he was wise to rarely leave himself exposed to awkward hits...

:8: should learn how to not to put it all on the line sometimes.... I always get nervous when he's hauling ass full speed....

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but it is exciting having a good guy making a play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar