Carpy's 3-round mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ray Rice is like Chris Henry with Vision. I like him and think he will be a stud...that didnt sound right...:)

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I agree, I hate drafting a player simply because of the style of player he is. Each time you do that, you are losing value, so over a few years of drafting that way, you will have lost a TON of value relative to your competition

It helps to have get a player that fits better into your system, but to draft a same position player that is clearly not as good simply because he is a quicker, different style player is a serious mistake.

Draft the BEST PLAYER available (within reason)

3. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Ray Rice would be a perfect fit man this kid is the truth he reminds me of a faster Emmitt Smith and Fat Lendale better get some dedication or they will seriously look to draft a running back in the 1st two rounds. I don't like the Devin Thomas pick I think he is a bust waiting to happen and isn't worth a 1st rounder and I like that the 3rd round pick as well.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Devin Thomas over Manningham? Nope. I'd be very angry

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would take Charles in the 2nd since he has the ability to also play slot receiver at the next level.

I like the thought of taking Harrison if he falls that far, but I doubt he will be there when we pick.

Ray Rice is overrated he is a power back who is too small to be effective at the next level, reminds me of Cedric Benson.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why's he overrated? Because he produced better number than most of the backs rated better than him but will get drafted in the 2-3 round area behind guys who produced less hmmm......nope smell underrated.

What a power back thats to small why because he's 5'8 so what he's around 205-215lbs area and is an absolute beast. Extremely tough and strong for his size as well. He is stocky and his low center of gravity allows him to keep his balance and bounce of tacklers. He is very durable and produced huge number every year he started. He runs with fire and passion and wears down def. regardless of the fact he is 5'8 he can still power over you and wear down def.

Oh and why wouldn't you want Charles he goes to ummm..........idk, Texas.

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Oklahoma had a back similar to him and he is I believe out of the league now. Pinball backs don't work in the NFL. Rice doesn't have the speed of the Barry Saunders or the size of a power back. Successful backs need something they bring to the table. Adrian Peterson had size and speed. Other backs like Johnson and Charles have unbelievable speed as does Reggie Bush. Guys like John Riggins brought battering ram size.

Ray Rice like Cedric Benson has neither so he would be a very bad selection period.

I wouldn't consider him with a 7th round pick, i would invite him as a free agent tryout but nothing more.

Is that clear enough for you.

My liking charles has nothing to do with the school he went to. The fact that he is a Texas guy means that I have had 3 years to watch him.

Charles ran a 4.3 40 while he stumbled out of the start. He is one of the fastest guy in the draft, but more importantly he is a real football player who can actually play this game. he has great receiver skills and has the ability to play the slot receiver spot.

I have maintained from the beginning the Titan offense is sore lacking in speed. we have no speed in receivers spot or the runningbacks. Because of this defenses can stack the LOS without any fear of us burning them deep. A guy like Charles can open that up a bit. Ray Rice wouldn't do jack for our offense.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Shows how much you know.

Oh yeah um you know that guy from Oklahoma was like Rice and he sucked he was a pinball back..........please your so naive and stubborn it's annoying.

Ray Rice is not a pinball back. He doesn't bounce off guys he runs them over. IDC how big, fast, likes texas or hates the place. Ray Rice runs harder than anyone in this draft. I can't wait to laugh at you when he's a productive full time starter somehwere.

Your problem is you sit in your room (parents house) with all your Texas posters, bed sheets, pajamas and look up Limas Sweed highlights and look up everything about Texas players then you bring that here. You know all about Texas players which is why you would be in heaven if we went Sweed, Charles, and Lokey later in the Draft. If you whatched some football outside of Texas and knew some players outside of Texas you would realize how good Rice is. After you said you wouldn't take Rice in the 7th round I'll lost all respect for your posts and take none of them seriously.

Basically what this comes down to is we both have the freedom of speech or press w/e. I'll type what I want to and you will do the same because we can. We have different opinions...hey don't we all. Your a homer you know it we all do hey I can respect that but your unreasonable about it. Why we are arguing about Ray Rice I couldn't tell you...but saying this and then then topping it off with you would even draft him in the 7th round showed me all I needed to know about your knowledge of football. I ranted I know...sorry but that made me heated.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Ha ha, I'm a homer.

Riddle me this, who was the last runningback that was 5'8 200 lbs and ran over people in the NFL? Earl Campbell was 5'11 230 Barry Saunders was 5'8 and 190 but also ran a 4.3 40 and no one ever got a clean shot at him.

Dave Meggett for the Giants was fast little guy that made people miss.

I can't think of another little back that has done anything in the NFL to compare him to.

I will go back to my comparison to Ced benson who came into the league as a 6'0 210 lb 4.5 power back. I told all my Longhorn brethern that he would be a bust. He is slow for guy his size and doesn't have the power to run over people like he did in college. He also didn't have the wiggle to make people miss. Sounds a lot like Rice to me except Benson is bigger and taller.

You asked my opinion about ray rice and I gave it to you. I don't think he is NFL material or I should say he is less of an NFL prospect than Selvin Young was and he didn't get drafted.

I didn't realize I hurt your vag1nal area by telling you this, I'm not talking out of my *** because I love Texas I just have some players I don't like and Slaton and Rice are two prospects I wouldn't touch as runningbacks.

Again this team Needs speed so how is Rice supposed to help us when we already have better players on our team?

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Needs production more than speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar