Cards WR Boldin asks for trade --- MUST ACT NOW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- that Craig Stevens pick has me scratching my head. Petrowski is WAY better than Stevens catching and blocking IMO. I hate to see him go to waivers while we take a chance that Craig Stevens will pan out to be just as good.

Boldin would provide an EXCELLENT balance to Gage. I don't know how anybody has seen anything encouraging out of Chris Davis or paul Williams. Biren Ealy is practice squad material at best IMO.

I don't know how Fred Graves has kept his job over the years. Our WR's consistently disappoint. Somebody needs to throw bricks at him. At least Boldin has already been developed.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Stevens is going to be better. He was the best blocking TE in the draft and has big hands to catch the ball better.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I would love for this to happen. But if it means someone else wouldn't be signed, someone like Haynesworth, then even if it were possible I wouldn't want him here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

THANK YOU! Fightin Titan said what I'd been waiting for... we don't have the future room to add a major contract for Boldin. We've given out some significant contracts this offseason, and next offseason we've got to lock up Albert and possibly Bulluck. I'd rather keep both of them than get Boldin, even though it's tempting.

I'm not sold on our WRs at all, and would love it if we figured out a way to get it done, but I'm pretty sure that we won't.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

To read riverman's comments petrowski is as good as jason witten. So why did we give up a third rd pick on another TE? There must be something they don't like about him and the notion that he is a better blocker is nonsense.

Between petrowski and ealy we should have 2 pro bowl players based on some posters from this year and last. They are not that good..

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not big on Boldin, but we need help. He helps.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The cap issue is significant.

What bothers me about boldin is that he signed a nice 4 year $22M extension and played just 2 years of that contract and already he is asking for more. What is funny is that he got that extension after an off year when he had just 600 yards receiving because he missed 6 games. Nopw after another sub par season in which he missed 4 games and had less than 900 yards he wants pro bowl money. I don't like that.

He's playing on a $5.5M a year deal that's not chump change and while it might PO him that lesser players are making $6M like drew bennett that is the reality of the nfl. Bennett's contract was a free agent deal. What he should do is play out the deal like a man and then he can get his $8-9M after.

To trade for him means to resign him at about $8M a year and that means there is no way we can keep all our good free agents. Almost certainly means haynesworth will be gone.

I say no. Too much of an attitude problem.

9. AgTitan

AgTitan Camp Fodder

VY, the best blocking TE in the draft was Martellus Bennett. Hands down. I am unbiased.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the Cardinals aren't going to trade Boldin. Anquan is going to have to play out this season in Zona, then we will have our shot at him in Free Agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar