Post-Game Thread Cards 12, Titans 7

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Crowd was never even that loud

2. JustAFan

JustAFan Starter

In other losses this year I have defended Mariota.
    Not this one.

People are very prone to "perception bias". (Look it up)
    For this reason, I rely heavily on statistics, in particular, post Sabermetric type statistics like ESPN's QBR.

This game, Mariota's QBR was 20.9, a horrifically bad number.
    This indicates, unlike previous losses, this loss was on Mariota.
    His bad play cost the team a victory.

Why is he playing so poorly, after having played "above average" in the past? I don't know.
    My uneducated guess is like what many of you have stated above, too many 3rd and longs with 2 wide receiver sets, that force him to throw into double coverage, many times a game, which leads to too many interceptions, which leads to loss of confidence, which leads to deteriorating performance.

But for what ever reason.
    This loss is on Mariota.
    (and I am a huge Mariota fan)

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With all the threads on how Mariota and/or the coaches are horrible, I think the main issue facing this offense is the inability to run the football.

Good run teams are productive running even when defenses stack the box.

Sure, Mariota has regressed but this OL has as well. Maybe even more. I continuously see our OL being stood up and driven back. Henry has had to bounce stuff out in order to get anything.

If the Titans can't run the football, it's over, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Agreed, O Line play has been bad hence running game suffers but if you recall back to the Pitt game and the camera angles we hated, we saw that the line did open holes but it seemed our backs just didn't hit them fast enough or chose the wrong cuts. A so-called smash mouth that can't even run LOL

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

How can that be? We'r a run-first, Exotic Smashmouth team!

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Watch his post game press conference. He knew it. I've never seen him that pissed off. It was at himself too.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I won't blame the OL 100% for this. Murray isn't the same as he was last year either and Henry seems to stutter-step and bounce it outside a lot instead of driving through.

I understand a RB being patient and waiting on a block (Bell, for example) but neither of our guys seem hit the second level as much as we saw last year on inside carries.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well then I can't explain why it took 20 seconds for Mariota to get the team lined up and ready to play when we went no-huddle

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is football 101, run the ball and everything follows..

We need a better push from our linemen tho..

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The missed throw to Decker right before halftime to put us in FG range was big. He was wide open. A 10-3 lead could have prevented Mularkey from making the fake punt call, then who knows how things could have turned out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar