Cardinals willing to take a 2nd round pick for WR Boldin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KillerTitanFan, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Boldin comes with a HUGE pricetag, fellas. It would cost us a 2nd rounder PLUS his ridiculous salary. Not worth it.

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I think a creative salary structure could get a new contract worked out . . . maybe not, and if not . . . you got a point.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

What kind of elite receiver doesn't have a ridiculous salary??

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Do you realize how many players we could lose next season? We can't afford Boldin. We have to bring back 7 defensive starters.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But it would be worth it to teams interested like NY and Philly? We have more cap room than they do.

We wont do it but damn I wish we would.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

and Philly and NY will be in cap hell VERY soon.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Around 10 million a year last I saw.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No they wont. There is no salary cap next year and besides teams aren't stupid enough to do what we did a few years ago.

As for the defensive starters we may have to let a few go. I mean would anyone be crushed if we lost Kearse? Tony "offsides" Brown is good but easily replaceable and KVB, well, he is getting up there in age and is coming off a season filled with injuries.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wouldn't mind letting Kearse go, he will be replaced in the draft. Tony Brown is underrated, however, we don't know what he is capable of when he isn't lined up next to Albert Haynesworth. KVB is a workhorse and will be on the field for years to come. He is a valuable leader on the team; that is not replaceable.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Fact is KVB has a history of injuries, missed a good chunk of time back in Arizona. If he isn't the same player this year he was in years past than yes he is replaceable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar