Game Day Thread Cardinals @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree with this. Everybody on both sides of the ball (and kicking) looked unprepared.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If neither inactive was A.J. brown or Julio Jones, it didn’t telegraph anything.
    Downing just needs to find a way to utilize the guys (and Jones catch it) so d’s Will back off for Henry.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Titans need to throw more on first down. First three drives today started with runs and put the offense in a predictable passing situation, something this offensive line isn’t great at. Led to a strip sack and a quick 10-0 hole.

Running too much on first down has been an issue with this offense sense Vrabel became the head coach. Running Henry into 8/9 man boxes works against the lesser teams, but good teams have little trouble making this team one dimensional.

Browns, Packers, Ravens, all did the same thing last season. Shut Henry down on the early downs and the offense imploded.

Throwing it on first down more often will Help Henry in the long run.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

and I thought the whole point of having such great WR’s was to do exactly that but I guess Downing thinks otherwise. I’m willing to give him a chance though. Bowen on the other hand has turned this defense into a disaster since he took over. It doesn’t matter what players we march out on the field, the defense is always terrible and that’s on him, not the players.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Imagine having Julio and AJ and an entire offseason to draw up plays....then you start the season with a run up the middle against a stacked box lol

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

They only scored 38? That chandler guy probably had more sacks than they did points.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Or even utilize the play-action more.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Kinda glad I fell asleep and missed the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I set an alarm for 7am and got up just to watch the game on gamepass.

What a way to start my Monday.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

This is what worried me the most about Downing. In his one year as OC in 2017 Oakland had the 3rd lowest rate of play action (14%) with an average DVOA of -7.7% (rank 29th and 30th) when he did use it. What little success he had came without play action where his offense ranked 9th in yards per pass. 2017 Play-Action Offense

upload_2021-9-12_23-59-22.png

Why Vrabel and Robinson hired somebody whose scheme is a complete mismatch for our offense is beyond me.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar