Cap Space & Looming Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

“Just shy of 2,000 yards” o_O

It’s all going to be pretty irrelevant when Henry smashes Elliott’s payday season, and probably outscores him for his career. I’m not saying he’s going to be paid as much as Elliott necessarily, but he’s on pace for a big contract.

I really just hope McCaffrey doesn’t decide to cash in early. And if he does, I hope we pay Henry first.

2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

We have to keep Tammy on board, and we will have to pay him. Either through the franchise tag or 4 year deal. He's going to get 27 million plus. It's just the cost of keeping a QB these days. We either use the tag on him or more realistically we use it on Henry if he doesn't play nice. Both will get paid, and I think we do keep them both. Only question is does the front office think we can get there with Tammy at QB. If they do, then they are going to offer him a contract, and QB won't be a pressing concern for next years draft. We are going to lose one of Conklin or Ryan. Maybe both.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

1434 rushing + 567 receiving = 2001 total yards. 9total TDs though.
    His rookie season 1631 rushing + 363 receiving = 1994 total yards. 16 total TDs.

His second season was cut to 10 games still had 983 (8 yds shy of Henry in 11 games this season) + 269 receiving = 1252 total yds and 9TDs. Well on pace for 2K in 16 games.

So I don’t see Henry “smashing” Elliott’s payday season but Henry is on pace for 1700 total yards and 17-18 TDs.

Edit:
    Again, even if CMC gets paid first, his payday is going to account for being the biggest WR on the team as well. Henry is not.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

OK. What kinda contract do you think Henry is worth?

5. HurrayTitans!

I think he’s right around the $10 mil per year mark. With salary cap always rising, maybe $11 mil.

Elliott is at $15
    Gurley is at $14 (overpaid)
    Bell is at $13
    David Johnson got to $13

I think CMC gets to the $15 mark, especially if he breaks CJ2Ks record for offensive yards.
    I think Barkley also gets that high when his contract comes up provided he continues what he’s doing.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The question is what henry and his agent think they can get.

I really have no idea what other teams would offer Henry if he hit FA.

If I were Jrob, I'd offer 11. If he wants more, much as I hate it, you gotta let him go. Or franchise tag him for one season.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

just shy? LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

2nd one to do this

2016 - 1631 rush + 363 rec = 1994 total yards (6 shy of 2K)
    2017 - was on pace for but only played 10 games
    2018 - 1434 rush + 567 rec = 2001 total yards

I’d say that makes the statement accurate.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

There's a reason for that lol, but it doesn't matter.

You acknowledge that the bigger cap will cause contracts to get bigger, so that's good. You think it could be as high $11 million a year. I think that's reasonable. I think it will more likely be $13 to $14 million a year, but $11 million a year is also reasonable. I mean, what are we squabbling about here? He's our best offensive weapon. If Henry wanted more, would we really let him walk just so we could sign a few Dion Lewis's? I hope not.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

I have no issue paying Henry. He just shouldn’t be paid as much as Elliott got.
    Elliott produced more and is just as important to their offense. He also has 2 rushing titles to his name.
    The same will be said for CMC when his payday comes.

That’s all I was saying.

Obviously TT thinks that’s BS or something. 800+ yards in production must not equal any difference in pay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar