Cap Space & Looming Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Is the option based on where you are drafted or what position you play?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

disagree... NO WR gonna put up numbers in Titans system...

Megatron would just be Tron here

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That guy we just drafted a round later did.

And if you're right, why pay davis big money to do the same nothing anyone else would do?

Since he's a top ten pick, it would be the average of the top ten salaries at WR in the league. No effin way we do that.

Now Jackson, not being top ten, would eb the average of the 3rd through 25th top cb salary. I see us picking up that one.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If we could get marcus back for 6-7 mil a year would yall do it?

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If you could take the 8 million from cutting Butler and use it to sign someone better, then you're not making the secondary worse

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No. What reason would anyone want him around for?

That is super expensive for a backup.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

It is? Didn't we sign gabbert for 6 mil? And tannehill for like 8?

8. HurrayTitans!

I don’t know much better will be out there and the team still takes a cap hit for cutting him early.

I want to see butler stay anyway. Thought he played well before the injury and being just a hand/wrist injury, I’ve got no reason to think the injury will cause decline.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

But he's gonna be 30. He's not getting any faster from here on out. He was never just a lock down corner for us either. Idk where these delusions of him being amazing are coming from lol

Im just saying, if you can steal a Kendall fuller from the chiefs and you have to sacrifice m butler, do it. Obviously, not every situation leads to cutting Butler, but I think the option should be on the table IF another free agent (like fuller) is possible

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

Gabbert was signed for 4 mil.
    THill had most of his salary paid by Miami and we got a steal.

Both were in a different position as far as Mariota’s concern too.
    JRob spent a little more for Gabbert to replace Cassel as a backup. Cassel proved he couldn’t do anything.
    THill was traded for as an upgrade to Gabbert who proved he can’t do anything.

The real necessity for backup was pushed year after year that Mariota was missing games for injury.

IF we are gonna consider THill an injury risk (I’m not), then I can see spending more for a backup but Mariota has already proven he’s not good in this system (or at all) so why spend the money on a known issue than at least an unknown possibility?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar