Cap Space & Looming Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yes, sharpe should be kept. I only left him off bc he shouldnt be much of a cap hit.

2. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

:popcorn:
    39F990F1-92F5-42E1-B027-A231E3ABA3F1.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Tannehill
    Henry
    Conk
    Ryan—just think he is a luxury we can’t afford if we keep Henry.

4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Conklin is the one who worries me the most about living up to his contract. It would be very hard to let him walk though. He has been playing really good the 2nd half of the season.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Absolutely gonna restructure Lewan and Casey’s contracts. That goes without saying. Probably Butlers as well. That’ll free up another 10 million easy.

Then y’all acting like a 30 million/yr contract is literally 30 million a year! Just for clarity, when Matt Ryan signed his 30 mil/yr contract two years ago at age 31 (like Tanny) but after a decade of pro bowl play with a recent league MVP award, his actual cap numbers look like this:
    Year
    1- 17.7 mil
    2- 15.8 mil
    3- 24.1 mil
    4- 39.1 mil
    5- 39.4 mil
    6- 34.5 mil

Tanny won’t even get that after only half a season of stellar play. His cap hit will be under 22 mil next year with a club option after year 2. Bank it.

Need another example?

Zeke got a “15 mil/yr” contract! BUT... his cap hits for the first three years are only 6.7 mil, 10.9 mil and 13.4 mil!

Sky ain’t falling y’all. We could literally bring back everybody with some skillful money maneuvering (except Lewis, Wake and Delanie of course).

Earn that coin Jrob, we know you got it in you.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yeah, but I personally prefer taking the cap his in the beginning so if the time comes to cut him you arent slicing your own throat.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Could Brock replace Butler?

Cyprien was brought in as a big ticket FA, but when he was injured, Vacarro was signed and just “fit” better. At the end of the year, Cyprien was cut and Vacarro resigned.

Could the same exact thing happen with Butler and Brock? The secondary has been playing lights out of late with Brock making some huge plays. I’d be for it. Thoughts?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Butlers play isnt currently worth his $13M salary hes due in 2020, so its worth considering.

Wed only gain about $7M in cap space by cutting him tho, certainly enough to cover Brock for a year or two even.

And with no June-1st designation this year we cant put off his dead money, so we'd eat $6M this yr. I never like letting money influence roster building, but JR might.

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Going to depend on Logan Ryan too. If he walks, no way Butler and Brock aren't both titans next year.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd really hate to let a top CB go at 28 and in his prime, that would blow.

First world problem I guess. I trust JRob and Co. to find a better replacement at CB than I do RT.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar