Cap room status?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I hope so,

If bulluck was predicting, and he is an insider, this guy must workout impressively to give keith b. this ehhh..... .. hmmmm ... "impression" (canĀ“t find another word)
    :)

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Bullseye para. He's the coach on the field (or at least the QB) for our D. I think folks do forget how many knees we had just two years ago. I would however like to see his contract redone, to reflect more accurately his reduced playing time with the switch to the Mike LB. :)

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He's a good player, and a leader. If we could redo his contract, we should. If he won't, we should give him the money, that's our bad, and we've got the room this year.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree Sirmon is a pretty decent OLB when healthy. Not sure if I agree we will be a worse team without him. MLB is a new postion for him and we really don't know how he will adapt. He might be great or he might be very average and if he hasn't made it back 100% from his knee injury he might not be much better than what we had last year. Ironically MLB is a postion that rookies have had some success playing their first year and a guy like Tulluck could be a better option if Reese found a gem. MLB is alot about instincts and making quick reads and the goods ones pick it up quickly.

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

he should already know MLB... the only problem i think may be his size. he's got the instincts and plenty of smarts. i believe the knee will get him back to speed... we did draft him partly because he used to be pretty quick. and i guess i have to disagree... this year, we would be worse off without him. we have some great athletes waiting in the wings but they gotta prove themselves just like keith did.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

everyone must have already forgotten that Sirmon FAXED HIS RESIGNATION to Reese early in the offseason. Sirmon is a quitter and he does NOT have the heart of a champion even if he does have the knees of a retired carpet layer.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Sirmon did not fax his resignation to Reese. He sent, or had his agent send, a fax requesting a release from his contract. You can't blame him for wanting to test the free agent market while the iron was hot and his job was being given to a newcomer. Who knows, he might have received an opportunity to play his natural position and get a pay raise at the same time.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think Sirmon will still be the QB of the defense whether he's outside or in the middle, and I think if he has the instincts to play the middle, he'll be fine. Tulloch isn't the fastest player, either, so without having to play sideline to sideline, Sirmon might thrive very well in the middle.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what's the difference? Either way Reese recieved a fax showing that Sirmon did NOT want to remain a Titan.

Actually I do blame him for being a wuss and wanting to quit instead of train even harder to protect his position. What on earth makes anyone think Sirmon is a hot commidity. Was it his inability to score a breakaway TD against the Cardinals that makes him a hot commidity? His loyality to his team? His health? All his Pro-Bowls?

Sirmon is a gutless disloyal quitter.

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

would we get any relief if we trade Brown?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar