Cap Question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by twoseven, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

If an NFL team doesnt use all it's salary cap for the year , can this money be rolled over to the following year ? thanks.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

No.

As I understand it teams have to spend almost all the CAP something like 95% I think.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

really?

I didnt think it mattered how much you spent unless you were over the CAP.

#90 Camp Fodder

Yep, there is a salary cap minimum that you have to meet. Otherwise, you'd get some owner that doesn't want to spend money, but would get the benefit of the revenues generated by other teams.

5. The old minimum certainly wasn't 95% of the maximum. It was considerably lower. Not sure if the new CBA has closed that margin, though...

While you can't pass on any extra cap space from year to year, there are ways to artificially do it. If you sign a player to a likely-to-be earned incentive, which counts under this year's cap, and he doesn't meet the terms of the incentive, then the team gets a credit for that amount the following season. So, in effect, it's like passing along the extra cap space. But there's no guarantee the player won't meen the incentive, either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar