Cap Problems In 2014? Stewart A Cap Casualty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

There is no way if we cut CJ, Shonn Greene would be our featured back. He will play the same role, regardless if CJ is here or not.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We PAID CJ. Dude needs to play to that contract now. That's simple. He is no longer a gem he once was when he was creating yards and making plays. Dudes gotta show up. Greene would quickly find rookie competition much in the likes of CJ. Quick, flashy player with hands would be nice... But noooo we are enamored with 200 yard games and 1 huge play while producing only a couple first downs. ....

We need consistency. Greene was a thousand yard rusher last season.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

FA or draft keeping Greene as backup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't think cutting players is the right way to go.. trading is always better. CJ, Roos OR Stewart, and Griffin alone could get us quite a few draft picks, and we would be saving cap space as well. Our FO has done a great job in the past few drafts, so I trust them. Stock up on draft picks for 2014-2016 and fire away! Trading is ALWAYS better than cutting.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The way I see it is the only way Johnson is a Titan in 2014 is for him to produce (1,200 + yards) and the Titans to be a above .500 team.

Here are your scenarios:

A) CJ sucks and the Titans are under .500 -- Cut Johnson and save 8 million
    B) CJ is great (1200+ yards) and the Titans are under .500 -- Trade CJ for a 2nd or 3rd and save 8 million
    C) CJ sucks and the Titans are over .500 -- Cut CJ and save 8 million
    D) CJ is good and the Titans are over .500 -- Keep Johnson and figure out how to get this team the playoffs

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Roos and Johnson have value but not many teams are going to run out and pick upthese hefty contracts if they don't produce.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Or could it be a result of us still having contracts that were agreed upon before the new CBA took place? Would that have any effect and will our payroll go down by signing new contracts after the CBA? I would like to see us cut Nate and try to renegotiate contracts with both of our tackles since they don't seem to be on the same level as they were two to three years ago.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well if the Titans do well enough this year I'm totally okay with taking a RT in the 1st round to start next year and cut Stewart or even 2nd round and go with someone like HaHa from Bama to replace Griffin. I would like to hang onto Chris Johnson 1 more year, 2015 draft class is going to be crazy at RB.

Cut Nate, Griffin, and Stevens after this year.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If Locker has a great year we are automatically contenders next year. Expect to see Stewart and Roos renegotiate. CJ will stick around ONLY if he has a good year and Griffin will probably be cut as well as Washington and Stephens.

If Locker flops, expect to see CJ, Stewart, Washington, and probably Griffin gone unless we make a run towards a veteran QB, which is doubtful. Its not like we have dead money lying around, we will be fine.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Bros this is a do or die year for a lot of people associated with this franchise.

2014 could see the entire coaching staff, some of the front office and many players gone, Griff, Stewart, CJ, Locker etc.

We could be looking at a total rebuild if they fall apart this season.

I for one am nervous. If this season doesn't work out we are looking at another 3-5 year rebuilding project while the popularity of this franchise continues to crumble.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar