Cap Causalities

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Every year, when it comes time to sign draft picks, we see a few vets cut to make cap room. Who are some possibilities that we may be on the watch for that could help us?

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i hope a good DE...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With the increase in the cap, there won't be the flood of vets on the market this June.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We might see some decent mid range players cut to make room for younger guys but the big name guys getting cut will be only those who are deemed washed up.

5. Plus the new rule that lets teams cut players early and still get the June 1 cap savings.

Rather than cap casualties, the biggest target could be June 1 trades. Now you can trade a player after June 1 and the cap math works the same as a June 1 cut.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Lamont Thompson

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What was the purpose of the rule change?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

purely a guess, but i would think it allows players to join teams earlier to get into the mini camps and what not.

9. I'm sure the players wanted it so they could get on the market sooner. The teams benefit when they need the extra cap space sooner and can't wait until June. But it does work to minimize the impact of June 1 cuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar