Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Well, what is more important to you?

The Titans getting a win, or KFC having his ego indulged?

Seriously, he is dragging down the team. It is obvious.
    To suggest that KFC is an upgrade over Volek is to have blinders on.

2. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Sd looks like where he is probably headding.

However, if the Chiefs are looking outside the organization for a QB to replace Trent Green, then now is the perfect opportunity to make the move to grab Volek. They are heading into a bye week and this would give Volek a chancce to learn their offense quicker.

3. First off, it has nothing to do with Collins' ego. It's about replacing Volek with someone else. Collins just happens to be the best guy available on short notice. And no, Vince is not an option at this point...

As for whether he is an upgrade over volek, I say there is no doubt. Now, whether he was prepared to lead a new offense right out of the chute, obviosuly he wasn't. But Volek is not going to lead the Titans to any big wins. Remember the Cardinals game last year? Or the Dolphins game last year? That's what I expect from Volek...

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Okay, so you think, despite evidence to the contrary, that Collins is an upgrade.

Why?

How many losses will it take for you to admit error in your estimation of Collins. Or will you suggest that even though Collins may lose every game, since Volek didn't play we can't know that he would have done any better, so your assertion is all you need?

At what point does it become important to replace Collins for exactly the same reason you think Volek needs replaced?
    How many games must he screw up?

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Fisher won't start VY because he says Vince isn't ready yet, but he's improving...

Then Fisher starts Collins, even though he admits Collins hasn't been here long enough to be ready yet, be he's improving...

Fisher needs to be admitted to the Parthenon for a complete mental evaluation, he's lost it.

6. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery Guest

I don't know why he wasn't traded when he still had some trade value.

7. His solid career versus watching each of Volek's games is evidence enough for me to be confident in my opinion.

Like I said, Volek would probably be the better QB for the Titans today simply because he knows the offense better. But Collins is the better QB. And Volek is being kept in the glass case because they want to trade him and don't want him getting hurt first.

The Titans would not have beaten San Diego with Volek at QB. As for the Jets game, I don't think that Collins was too bad in that game (not great, either). Had Volek been the QB in week 1, he probably would have been in traction by that evening because the pass protection was terrible...

I think Collins will be better than he has looked. I also think that Vince could easily be starting after the bye week, and probably will get more playing time in the short term than we had been led to expect. But If I'm right and Volek is being traded, then he is not an option at QB.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

What game were you watching?
    How bad does a QB have to be before you think they are performing poorly.

And how can you watch KFC's performance and say "not bad" and even begin to criticize Volek's performance?

Solid career? Take a stroll through the various threads here that point out how bad KFC's statistics really are. Ask fans ofthe various teams for which he has quarterbacked. You are obviously in the tiny minority of extremists who think he had a solid career.

9. I didn't say he was great. He was so-so. But he didn't cost us the game. Considering the pass blocking and pass dropping, he doesn't deserve all the blame on offense that day. And doesn't even take the defense into consideration...

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I sure don't see how Collins is better than Volek. I'll be suprised if he starts more games and somehow looks like the obvious correct choice. I think he'll continue to suck, and his career has pretty much sucked. We may not get much of a comparison if Volek never gets his chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar