Can you really trade Volek to the Chargers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Fisher doesn't want Volek, the rest of the fans, probably the team, and anyone with a clue would rather have Volek as the starting QB than to be embarassed by KFC.

I can't understand why anyone, especially any Titans fan would continue to shill for Kerry Collins, even if you hate Volek.

With the same O-line a rookie QB outperforms KFC. So "the same could be said for Collins" doesn't make sense.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes, but Volek still has more experience with the system and the receivers than Volek.

I've said the whole time that by week 6-7 Collins might very well be the best quarterback on the team, but he isn't right now, and any sane person knew that from the start. You don't just pick up an offence in 2 weeks, nor do you develop chemistry with receivers in just 2 weeks.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I also feel like I should point out that Dinger's offence worked so well in New York they didn't want to keep him after the first year and now he's running Kubiak's offence in Denver.

4. The reason that Collins started in week 1 and not Volek wasn't because Collins was the better QB in that system that particular day (though he is the better QB).

The team already knew they were going to trade Billy. They didn't want him to get injured or to look bad and wipe out and trade value he had. That's also why they haven't brought Volek into a game despite the fact that Collins has struggled.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Doesn't that still remain to be seen?

6. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Forget Volek's "trade value" and focus for a moment on Kerry Collins' "roster liability."

Trading Volek to get "something" and keeping a QB that guarantees a winless season is not rational thinking.

7. For now...

8. I'd agree if that were true, but I don't have any reason to believe that it is.

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Come on, do you really think given the performances KFC has given us that he is likely to win any game that Volek would not also be likely to win?

Put differently, what reason do you have to believe that KFC being on the Titan's active roster will help win any game?

10. There is perhaps a 1 win difference (the Jets game), and that's just because Collins didn't have much time with the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar