Can you justify picking a MLB in the 2nd round?>

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by bigreese82, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i would be fine with it too man, even the titans said that they are big into speedy athletic linebackers, but being small wouldnt be the best thing for the pass coverage

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't see the connection.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Allen has a lot of potential, and apparently is over his injury. He'll probably be long gone (I've seen him projected as high as the teens) by 2nd round, but if he's there I'd love to scoop him up.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You must have never seen him play.

How many safeties have lead the SEC in tackling? (Junior Year)
    How often does a CB lead his team in tackling? (Senior Year until injury)
    How many corners have you seen get 11 tackles in one game? (Senior Year)

That's why people push him. That's why he's a first round pick after dislocating a hip. I'm willing to bet that he'd be a top 10 pick if he'd never been hurt. He's big, he's fast, and he's a great tackler. What else could you want in a football player? If he's there in the second, we should definitely pick him. He's as good as they come.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here's the thing...

A MLB will play how much? Did we get Thornton to only play against the run? If not, he and Bulluck will be the Nickel LB's. So we'd be getting a MLB for run downs only. Compare that to...

A good OT who in a year or 2 caould be a fulltime starter.

A good CB who could be a nickel back or compete for a starting spot (or at least give some quality depth against the injury bug, bad play, or Pac ending up in jail).

A DE...perhaps a good passrusher to bookend with KVB.

A S...who could eventually become a fulltime starter.

A QB (should we not take one in rd 1) to be the potential heir.

A WR to find a legit #2.

A OG or C...these guys won't last forever.

A RB who could potentially come in and start from day 1.

I like DQ at MLB, but the Titans simply don't play much 3 LB vs the pass and that's the majority of the time. So the question is, can we get by with someone else on run downs?

And if I remember correctly, the Colts are the best team in our division and we haven't been able to stop their passrush no stop their pass offense. Finding a way to beat them will be the first step towards getting back to our winning ways. On the other hand, the Texans could have Reggie Bush after the draft (though their OL is not very good).

Gut

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

IT could be concievable to play a 3 - 3 - 5 Defense, depending on how good the DL is.

Max Gean Gillies could be there.

Should be a decent Corner in the 2nd.

Kiwi could be there, I heard he is dropping, would be a nice pickup though with Odom, LaBoy might not be so much of a need.

Darnell Bing is a possibility there.

OMAR!!!! I'd rather him anyway. Sick of the big 3, plus it mean we might have gotten Reggie.

I dont think with Givens, Bennett, 3 rookies and Calico we will go that route.

LenDale White is falling, but we don't need another Hammy.

Just pointing out who could be there. And the whole wide range of possibilies and plenty there I would like us to pick up outside of D'Quell Jackson.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Gut....you love making 'lists' dont you?:lol:

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hah!

I don't really like making lists...but I try to give people options other than just the most obvious party-line one.

For those of you suggesting we take a DQ in the second and then suggest playing a 3-3-5, I don't see it. Even when we had the LB's to do it we didn't do it very much.

More important these days is getting heat on the passer and stopping the run...things a 3-3 front doesn't do very well generally.

If you suggest staying in a 4-3 vs 3wr sets and playing zone, that would be more conceiveable, but still would be problematic facing a team like the Colts.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar