Can we make the playoffs with Young at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

There's no doubt Vince can do in year 4, with a better surrounding cast, what he did in year 2 of his career so, to me, the question was answered before it was asked.

As to his alleged "loss" of the locker room, exactly who in the locker room has he lost? Lendale? Clearly not. CJ? has been quoted as saying how much he hopes Vince stays on the team. KVB? Praised him highly in a recent interview. A. Hall, Scaife, Griffin? Clearly not, they all "know" what Vince can do and have been clear in their support of him. Griffin recently commented he sure hoped Vince stays a Titan because he wouldn't want to have to play against him. So, who is it he has issues with? Mawae? Probably so, but that pre-dates the beginning of last season. And, even if there is still a problem there, Mawae is down to his last year, assuming he recovers enough to play this year. Other linemen? None of them speak publicly enough for us to have much of a clue. Bulluck? He might have been put off for some amount of time last season, but all recent comments are positive. I just don't see the evidence of locker room trouble that the sports talking heads like to hint about. If any of y'all know of something specific that I haven't already referenced - pro or con - please share.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hilarious.. Vince dazzled the NFL with his feet as a rook. Opponents figured that out the very next season and he simply never managed to improve or show anything as a passer or team leader..
    WTF has he shown since that's supposed to make us believe he all of a sudden has those skills?? Add to that he's injury prone.
    Forget it, Vince is never gonna trudge onto the field with busted ribs unable to catch a breath ala Mcnair...
    Steve came into the league a passer with wheels - Vince came into the league with just wheels..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What was the point of this??? Let's compare McNair's worst year to Young's best??? While we're at it, let's compare McNair's best year to Peyton Manning's worst, and you'll clearly see he as at least on par with Manning. :rolleyes: McNair never had seasons as bad as the seasons Young has put up. I'm not saying Young will never figure it out because you never know. I will say it's highly improbable. Furthermore, I'm saying to compare Young's career to McNair's at this point in time, in any facet will simply result in more failure for Young.

Too many of us are exhibiting homerism to the extremes. Every Titan fan wants Vince Young to succeed. That would be the best thing for this team. The truth is that the future at QB looks bleak for the Titans right now, and many of us believe Vince Will succeed solely because that is the best possible plausible (We're not going to trade for Manning anytime soon) scenario we have in sight. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with any kind of hard evidence of any kind.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Hilarious...Wth does the defenses figured vince out mean? He made plays in 06 mostly improvising because he was new and basically was running for his life. No one found a way to stop Vince but himself. He wanted to become a pocket passer which he is not. And thats why his running stats were down in 07. The running lane was there but he wanted to throw instead, then he suffered the quad inj. which really messed him up, Vince runs and it sets up the pass when he rolls out. If he's not running then the WR must get open which happened once every blue moon, or he had to make a great throw in tight coverage which was also rare. yet somehow we made the playoffs and if u want to blame our defense for the wins then i guess they scored all our TD. The reason some of us believe in him is because we know what he can do and our just hoping for him to excel, especially me because i highly doubt we will do anything with KC. And I really hate when people say that defenses figured VY out because it doesn't make sense. What are they doing different that took them an entire year to figure out? Can sum1 explain geez:grrr::grrr::grrr:

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

/end thread

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

why would we end the 4th VY thread this week?? that is dumb...anyways

to answer the question...
    we can make the playoffs with VY if...
    he comes in and just hands the ball off
    he comes in and just throws short swing and screen passes
    he stays on the bench!

other wise...no we wont make it to the playoffs. he has showed no sign of improvement at all. (i am talking about mentally...so keep your pitchforks away alex)

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

The 2007 Titans were a MASH squad by the time the playoff came around. I think this was the main reason for our sucking.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yes.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Anything is possible.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The question is "Can we"... of course we can. We "can" make the playoffs with Ramsey at Quarterback, doesn't mean I think we would.

And we have made the playoffs with Vince as our starting QB and with less talent, which already has been said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar