Can Titans WRs at least make it appear they want to go get a ball?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Thats why I wanted Sweed. If you look back at Vince's Texas days, not many of his passes were dead accurate. Vince would throw it in the area and Sweed would catch it. No matter where the pass was...Sweed would catch it. High, low, behind, in front, it didn't matter...Sweed would catch it. Vince was comfortable. He knew that...Sweed would catch it. Vince needs to be comfortable and needs to trust his receivers.

...Right now, our receivers are GARBAGE!!!

DARRIUS HEYWARD-BEY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Nah. Switch Hope for Griffin, and Roy Williams for Calvin Johnson and I would.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is an absolute no brainer. Yes of course!

Not sure what the combined value of paul williams and chris henry would be. Could we even get a 7th rounder for both of them?

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How bout Vince for Calvin? Let's do it while some are still under the impression that our wonderboy still has "potential"

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i used those three because of the year they were drafted. that was the same draft class as clavin johnson, so i was basically asking if you would trade all of our first day picks that year.

i asked if calvin johnson was worth those three picks before that draft and every one flamed me, now it's a no brainer...

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If we took Sweed with our 1st round pick, we may be 0-1 right now and last in the division.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

correction we'd be tied for last .... with the rest of the hoopleheads
    (of course, just consider this game not .vs Jax - k)

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

but our loss would have been a division game so that would makes us dead last tie breakers considered. :wink2:

which means Jacksonville is actually dead last :jagsbite:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Great points in the article. I think our biggest offensive failure is not understanding how to use Vince. Going back to his HS days, his strengths have been running the football, which for some reason he hasn't been doing much, throwing with a moving pocket-bootleg, rollout, etc, and using his leg to buy time, and throwing a high deep ball that his wr's can go up and get.

Many of his long TDs in college were to guys like Sweed and Roy Williams where he could throw a high fade, or essentially a jump ball where the bigger WR could go up and catch it over a smaller CB. We have yet to get a WR who Vince can be comfortable throwing a ball up to. More than half of 50/50 balls get picked with these receivers. With a big, physical WR, he could have confidence throwing his high deep balls. He is never going to be a guy that stands in the pocket and picks the defense apart, but he has a skill set that can be successful, but he has to be surrounded by guys that complement his skill set. A WR that is not off another teams crap heap might be a start. Our best WR from 2 years ago was the 5th best on a team that wasn't even .500.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't understand why VY doesn't run more. I knew he was hurt a little going into the game but once! I'd also like to see us get a decent WR. Alot of questions on the offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar