Can The Titans Become An Explosive Offense This Year And Beyond?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'm gonna say you are more committed to catching the big fish if you first lure some live bate for it.

Swinging a leaded bat has more chance of a home run.

To me, with 4ths really don't count near as much as first and seconds. 3rds can be conditional depending one WHERE the pick was. Late 3rd? Meh

Getting lucky with udfas and 7th rounders also doesn't even remotely count.

Here's another thing... We have historically been a run first team. Fisher built the team based on that so wrs to him held a lower spot. Place holders if you will. He was never committed to WRs like the giants. Forget it.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well i will say this.For better or worse i think they need to go ahead now and give Jake Locker the starting job in 2012.

Seems like a lot of the media from what i read think the Titans will start Hasselbeck during our butal stretch of games during the beginning of the season that will include New England,San Diego,Detroit,Houston and Pittsburgh.Well from what i've read they seem to think we will start 0-5 or maybe even 1-4.

That will be when they yank Hasselbeck out and stick Locker in from what i read.However I think they need to give Locker the starting job from the very beginning and show him the coaching staff believes in him enough to give him the keys to start off what will be a very brutal stretch of games to start the season.Hasselbeck did good at times last year but as the season progressed he didn't play well and we could not win enough to make the postseason.I think the time is right to hand it over to Locker.

I think Locker together with a rejuvinated CJ and a healthy Britt will really open up our offense and it will also help CJ make some big plays and long runs which didn't happen last year as he had a down year.Also with the rookie receiver Wright coming in it is important right off the bat for Locker and Wright to develop some chemistry together on the field as both of these guys will be together and making plays for the start of what will be many years here in Tennessee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar