Can any savvy computer nerds help me out?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by SawdustMan, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

MSE is good for older computers. Other free ones have excessive pop up ads, and get really annoying.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

@Alzarius @tnfan47 @nickmsmith

My Applications tab looks normal. On the Processes tab, there's a bunch of things listed there but the only ones using over 10k are Firefox, Dropbox, explorer.exe, dwm.exe, TouchControl.exe, and rubyw.exe

rubyw.exe is apparently a part of my VPN service. I've had the VPN for almost 2 months now and never had any issues since installing it, until the past few days. What is TouchControl? Is that something that is safe to end?

3. nickmsmith

There are a lot of cheap interfaces out there for recording that run USB or firewire that record stereo, and a lot higher quality than going straight into the computer.

4. nickmsmith

touch control may be your mouse thingy. I turn off tap-to-click, so something that sounds similar to that is constantly on. I could be wrong about what it is for you.

what percentage of your CPU and memory are being used? If both stay under 75 percent or so, that's probably not the problem.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is the neverending struggle in my field as well. Mac OS forcing you to buy new expensive machines is the main reason I went back to Windows in the first place. But, in my experience at least, along with the Windows OS comes more frequent issues. I may just have to bite the bullet and get a Macbook Pro.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Try Avast and/or AVG for anti-virus and Malwarebytes for anti-malware. Those are the best and most popular that are free.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I pretty much use a mouse with my laptop 99% of the time anyway. Certain Adobe programs I use become infuriating with just the touchpad.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea looks like you need those programs. You can look at ones that are below 10k to see what you don't need. They do add up.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just get a USB interface like everyone else on the planet...
    USB Audio Interfaces | Musician's Friend

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

I've been really fortunate with my Compaq/HP laptops. My last one is still my backup/karaoke computer, and I've used it for probably at least 4 or 5 years of DJing. I just upgraded about a year ago.

I just install no programs for it other than the bare necessities, and I've never had an issue at all with either of them. But I know that's not possible for a lot of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar