Cam Robinson...the key to a trade out???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think there is a good chance a trade happens but not for that prospect though high need at LT and little supply means over drafting...but I don't think this much or this early. If you're at 7, why would you move up to 5 (we won't take an ot) or 6 who NEED a QB or a WR or a defensive player!

If you're 8, you hope Robinson gets to you (if he's even high enough on their board). If not, you can take the best guy or trade back to an appropriate value for the next OT on your board!

We will see how the all star games and combine stuff shakes out but it's gonna be about where people think the QB prospects should go and which teams are desperate? Who signs or trades for Romo? Does someone trade for Garapalo? A Pats friend of mine thinks one of the QB needy teams will give up a top ten pick for Jimmy G.

The biggest hole a team can have is at QB. Which of these qb's (and how many) do they consider top 5-10 players. Even if the answer is one and the Browns don't take him at one, if the Niners pass.....say they take Garrett and Allen, there are a handful of teams that could want to jump up in front of the Jets with Browns and Cards most logical.

But let's say Watson is considered the only valued QB prospect and Niners take him. Let's say Chicago takes Allen and Jags take Foster. We have our pick of nearly any player in draft or trade back. And another team wanting Fournette might want to jump ahead of the Jets perhaps if Jets land a QB in the offseason via trade or FA.

MWilliams had a big NC game. Corey Davis should impress at the senior bowl. Some other players will blow up Senior Bowl practices, game, combine or pro day workouts. And let's hope someone does fall in love with Cam and wants to move up.

And the flip side is how much do WE fall in love with a player WE aren't willing to pass on?

2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

i think it's good for this theory that all of the first round OTs taken in 2016 played so well

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If we traded our 3rd and all our picks beyond that except the comp pick from the Rams, the highest we could get would be back 1/3 of round 2. Later round picks aren't worth that much.

Under his scenario of trading back to 8 with Carolina, either we'd take their 1st (8), 2nd round pick (40) and their 7th (203) for our Rams 1st (5), Rams comp in round three (175) and our 5th (147). Or we swap same firsts but get back their 3rd, 4th, and 6th round picks while we include our 5th and 7th.

Easier to drop to 12 with the Browns and also get pick 33 and know CB them back our 4th and 5th round picks. With that first pick in round 2, we know we can trade back down and get more mid range picks.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This years class of Tackles is exactly why we went Conklin 8th overall last year, IDK that theres any lineman worth moving up to get at 5

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There is no OL worth moving into the top 10 for IMO. If I were an OL needy team...I would attack free agency based on whats in this draft. There should be several good guards available. if you need a RT, you can find one in the middle of this draft. But if need a premiere LT, might want to get a stop gap vet and draft one in another draft!

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

No doubt none are worth the 5th pick, but when supply is very low and need is very high players get over drafted.

I don't think it is crazy to think that the Chargers at #8 might want to jump the Panthers at #7 to get protection for Rivers if they can't land one in FA. And if I were a FA I wouldn't be looking to go to the Chargers with their move and other issues.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

Maybe you're right

A lot of the time we see teams reach for need, mostly QB, but LT too sometimes.

It's possible

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Robinson knows that at some point you have to stop the trades and start picking good players.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

There will be good players at 5 and we may be looking at some of the same players at 10-12. But point taken. We need some impact players...preferably 3-4!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

between FA and the draft getting 3-4 impact players isnt all that hard..

2017 gonna be fun times once we beef up the CB and WR positions

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar