Cam Robinson...the key to a trade out???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

So ESPN had their beat writers list their teams biggest needs...both the Panthers and Chargers listed OT as the biggest need....well both teams are sitting at #7 and #8 in the draft....with Robinson being the only OT that is anywhere near the top of the draft one of these teams might be willing to make a move for him.

If we were to move back from 5 to 8 it would be worth about 300 on the trade value chart...early 2nd rnd picks are worth 500 so we wouldn't just straight up get an early 2nd moving back a few spots.

Would you rather....
    1) get an extra early 3rd and 4th
    2) get an early 2nd by trading our 3rd rnder to them...giving us picks 8, 18, 40, and rams comp

I think I like scenario 2 the best...go for better talent over quantity

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Depends on who falls...someone always does...I suspect JRob will be lighting up the phone lines and unless he can scalp someone who covets someone...we will pick at both 5 and 18.....best player for our needs. IN JROB I TRUST

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

3 picks in the top 40 would be pretty sweet. I think it will take more than dropping a few spots and a third, though.

I think Robinson would rather be conservative and get his guy if he was on the board, though I could see a 3rd and lower round pick sent for that 2nd if there are still quite a few guys they covet and at least one is sure to still be on the board by the time they are up to pick. Early 2nd round is a good spot for the first round talent that spills over, and the abundance of secondary players and athletic TEs in the draft.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Id be all in on the 2nd trade if it involves our 3rd round pick from the rams which is virtually an early 4th round pick. Move up into the top half of the 2nd round. Sounds good to me.

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

With all the qb neddy teams, 1 elite ot prospect and 2 elite pass rushers, i see a lot of different trade scenarios. It's just all about what trades are made and what players are gone when we pick. It's very possible that Robinson, garrett, barnett and one qb are all gone when we pick. In that case a trade is almost out the window.

I would prefer almost any scenario where we get another top 45 pick. I do not want to pick at #5, because we have to many big holes at the moment. But, my mind could easily be changed if we fill some of those via fa.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Cam Robinson = Greg Robinson.

Roll Tide, should be chiming in, in

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Aint nobody trading up for Cam Robinson lol

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I'm sure the same would have been said about Conklin at this time.

9. 615nick

615nick Starter

That's easy to say right now, but lt is very important position and there's not very many "high end" prospects in that group.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

OT class is bad. Someone will overdraft him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar