Cam Newton is going off on the Cardinals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Can't wait for this to pan out the way anyone with half a brain knows it will...

Even Tim Tebow had a decent game today.

Jump on that bandwagon too kids... I'm sure it'll last.

I'm just shocked he actually played a game where he didn't throw an interception. Is that a season first?

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

At what point do you admit that Cam is much better than you thought and you were wrong? I mean he's throwing 60% 300YPC 8tds 9ints, 300 rushing yards and 7 rushing tds, with no fumbles lost..not bad for a rookie.

3. Deuce Wayne

The moment he stops floating punts for completions and knows what he's doing on offense.

This will crash.

Where were you guys last week?

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Where have you been all season? Lala land?

60.3% Comp, 300.4 passing yards per game, 15 Touchdowns, 9 turnovers..

He's on pace for 4,806 yards and 34 total touchdowns.

Btw, you still owe me everything you own.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28_krIDcqg"]Cam Newton to Steve smith. AMAZING throw and catch!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Not accurate...LOL. Making you look STOOOOPID.

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Wow. I thought it was obvious that the impressive person here was Steve Smith. Who is still tied for 1st for most interceptions thrown?

Oh yeah.

6. Deuce Wayne

His receivers are playing out of their minds... but ESPN wont shed any light on that.

Cam just randomly heaving the ball everywhere hoping they're not picked off is where the real talent lies.

Again- where were you guys last week?

0 TDs... 3 ints... 44 QB rating.

Someone forgot to bump this thread then.

F'ing bandwagoners... I swear.

Let me know when he has more TDs than interceptions.

7. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

someone needs to change the title of this post... don't really feel like a post that seems like 8 weeks old...
    INTs are the biggest thing for Newton... i take back all I said about him being a bust, but he still needs to protect the ball... INTs are potential 3 or 7 points off the board and he is basically hurting the team more than helping..

8. Deuce Wayne

He'll still bust.

Vince Young tricked people his rookie season too.

He simply can't read a defense, can't hit a WR in stride, etc. He wont be able to coast off this beginners luck for more than a season.

Anyone that truly believes Cam Newton is this good needs to also be saying the same thing for Tim Tebow and get ready to jump on that bandwagon. They're the same guy.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He had a bad game last game, he's a rookie, it's to be expected. I'm not going to bump this thread whenever he has a bad game, just like you won't acknowledge his COUNTLESS good games.

Vince Young reading defenses like this til his 5th season. Cam Newton is doing it his rookie year. And Vince Young had no where near the arm Cam has.

In stride:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28_krIDcqg"]Cam Newton to Steve smith. AMAZING throw and catch!!! - YouTube[/ame]

In stride:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX39LD2N-EQ&feature=related"]Cam Newton 62 yard pass to Steve Smith - YouTube[/ame]

In stride at 0:51, 1:00, 1:04, and 2:00
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Cs5vIsv28"]2011 Cam Newton Rookie Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

thats 6 examples of him throwing balls in stride, and there are plenty more if you'd actually do you're homework and stop making things up.

Do you even watch Cam Newton? I know you don't watch ESPN, and you probably don't get the Panther games or bother to watch them if you do. I feel like the last time you watched him live he was in an Auburn jersey.

HATERADE

10. Deuce Wayne

Show me an example of him hitting a receiver IN ROUTE in stride.

He can't.

Your example at 1:00 or 1:04 (can't remember now) the WR had to sit because the ball wasn't in stride.

90% of the time they have to either stop, come back to, or make some insane catch.

The lobs to wrs running straight I wont even bother with. He's just throwing balls up for grabs in those situations and luckily for him only half of them are intercepted rather than all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar