Calling My Shot

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by XO, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats certainly one way to go about getting Winston, but the timing isnt right IMO

you want things leaked? Maybe wait a few weeks?

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Humor me. Why would things be any different in a few weeks, when the Buccaneers are likely to be even more entrenched in their draft plans.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

well he may either screw up at Applebees, or have a down pro day, to me thats the time to blast him, people will already begin to doubt him again, and thats enough to lose interest, no?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Fair points.

Probably doesn't matter either way because I think he will remain squeaky clean throughout the draft process and I don't think the Titans really want to draft him anyhow.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

THIS!!!

They barely passed baby steps in NOT announcing Mett would be the starter in 2015 but they havent sold anyone that they will seriously look at a QB!!!

The combine was the best time to ding Winston...right when the report came out about shoulder weakness. Winston is too good in shorts (and no pressure) to mess up his Pro Day.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Immediately after this interview, Mariucci said he would still not take Winston.

I've changed my opinion on Winston, but after the Super Bowl, you can't take these things with a grain of salt anymore.

The ONLY thing that will affect the draft at this point are free agency, coaching changes, legal issues, or a flat out awful combine.

A month ago, Mariotta was going to Tampa hands down, I am still banking on that.

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Yea well ESPN with Florida state it was normally leak a couple articles right before the national title game or the night before (insert big game). There's definitely time to bring the drama.

But I'm honestly all for trying to build a dominating defense and hopefully scooping up a playmaking/workhorse RB and one more potential WR. Not sold on Hunter. (is anyone?)

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I guess that is why half the mocks have us taking Mariotta and several articles said it sounded like the Titans were going QB. It is still SO early in the process. If a team is going to blow smoke about a process, they do it much closer to the draft to give the prospect and his representation less time to refute it.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Sending out reports that you don't like a player you intend to draft doesn't sound like a particularly good idea to me.

"Time to go play for the team that has been bad talking me for two months..."

Meh, I don't like the idea of that.

Could be wrong. Maybe the whole situation is more professional than that. Or maybe they could do it completly anonymously. But then, who's to say they haven't already if that's the case?

The misdirection of the draft is blown out of proportion IMO.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Bucs are going QB all the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar