Call me crazy.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

whatever's around:pour: :beer2: :koolaid:

2. Nine

Nine Starter

I'll step up and admit that the thought has occurred to me, as well. Perhaps not next year....but then again, who's to say? A couple years ago, the Patriots won what....21 games in a row? Why not us?

Whether or not they make the playoffs this year, if the Titans can beat the Pats this week, they'll be huge preseason favorites next year, with a lot of people picking them as serious Super Bowl contenders. (Everybody but Merrill Hoge, that is). The Titans/Chargers matchup (in Nashville, no less!) will be one of the most eagerly anticipated games of the year...I'd bet money that it's one of the first prime-time games of the season. (In fact, if the Chargers win the Super Bowl, this could be the featured game on opening weekend).

I truly believe this team is on the verge of becoming the biggest story in the NFL over the next few years. The Titans will become the team that everyone is sick of hearing about, and the standard by which other teams are judged. This generation's Chicago Bulls, starring Vince Young in the Michael Jordan role.

Am I a homer? Absolutely. But the progress we've seen in recent weeks has been absolutely remarkable. But it's more than just that.....there's a mojo buildng around this team that is unlike anything I've seen in since the end of the Chicago Bulls' dynasty. We've been seeing things that simply defy explanation....it falls somewhere between unbelievably good luck and pure magic. The mojo, for lack of a better term.

Perhaps I'm just giddy with optimism and hope....after all, it's been a long two years, and I'd forgotten what it feels like. But there's no denying....it feels like this team is on the verge of doing something really, really big.

I'm just glad we'll be along for the entire ride. :))

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Honestly if we have to face a bunch of hard teams like SD, Indy, Balt, Chi(possibly), early, its not gonna look great bc were more of a team that is on its way, but not quite there yet

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

In Madden maybe.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Our non-divisional games next year will be
    San Diego
    Oakland
    @Denver
    @Kansas City

Atlanta
    Carolina
    @Tampa Bay
    @New Orleans

If the conference standings remain the same, then the Titans (2nd place in the AFC South) will face the 2nd place finishers in the AFC North and AFC East....probably the Jets (at home) and the Bengals (away).

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well put Nine... I am glad that I'm not the only one.. I was beginning to worry a bit, LOL!

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I can see us dropping a game to San Diego and New Orleans
    and maybe splitting with Indy and Jax again

that would put us @ 12-4 (which was a possibility this year)
    I'd be a happy futher mocker :yes:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and btw, you ARE crazy

I don't see wins coming in the same fashions as they came this year

but with 40 million bucks to blast and Vince in the saddle, who knows

10-6 is a STRONG possibility

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

19-0 wtf? :spit:

Seriously, finish off rebuilding the D & it's scary to think how good this team could become but no way am I jumping on a 19-0 bandwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar